Tuesday 9 May 2017

Midnight Soul (Fantasyland series #5) By Kristen Ashley



Against his will, Noctorno Hawthorne, an undercover vice cop, finds himself embroiled in magic, mayhem and parallel universes. Too late, he meets an amazing woman only to find she’s destined for his identical twin in another world. 

And things aren’t going real great there.

Noc is recruited to help save that world.

What he doesn’t know is his destined love resides there.

Franka Drakkar wears a mask. A mask she never takes off to protect herself in a world of malice, intrigue and danger. 

When Franka meets Noc and he discovers her secrets, convinced she carries a midnight soul, having shielded herself from forming bonds with anyone, she struggles with accepting his tenderness and care. 

When Noc meets Franka, over wine and whiskey, her mask slips and Noc knows it’s her—only her—and he has to find a way to get her to come home with him.

And then make her want to stay.



Franka redeems herself in the other book. Not many like her and as a character, she really is unlikable. 
But she has her reasons as to why she shuts people out and became the snake people know her to be. 
The mask she wears is what people see, and all they believe. 
But then Noc, the Noctorno of the other world sees her for who she really is and saves her from years of torture, other people start to see it. 

Her character was actually really nice. She just wants love and to be loved in return, but she still finds all the caring and sharing, uncomfortable. 

Now, as much as I loved the Franka, and I adored Noc from the other series, I never actually got to finish this book. It kind of dragged to the point I got bored. I couldn't go on. I forced myself for 6 chapters to keep on reading but I felt like the book wasn't going anywhere. 
It could be because I read them one after the other, but for some reason, this one didn't hold the same attention as the others and I actually wanted Noc to get a book of his own. 

:( 

NO RATING AS IT WOULDN'T FAIR SINCE I DIDN'T FINISH IT!!!

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment