Wednesday 22 March 2017

An Act Of Courage (Acts of Honor Book Four) By KC Lynn



She’s the light from his past.

He’s the one her heart has always longed for. 

Trained by the best, Christopher Walker has fought hard for his country and even harder to forget the only girl he’s ever loved. He spent countless nights submerged in death and destruction only to find himself clinging to the memories of her when the darkness crept in. 

When her life is threatened, Christopher will stop at nothing to protect her. Even if it means having to confront his past.

Alissa Malone never thought she would find herself face-to-face again with the only boy she’s ever loved. But she soon realizes Christopher is not the same man he once was. 

His touch is still electrifying—his voice still earth shattering. But there’s a darkness about him that wasn’t there before. A pain he harbors so deep that she can feel it all the way to her soul. 

One fateful moment destroyed his very existence, and only one person will be able to make him realize that what he considers an act of dishonor was truly an act of courage.



Holy sugar....

KC Lynn seriously knows how to blow you away. 

Christopher and Alyssa have always been two of my favourite characters. I'd been routing for them from the beginning and I was so happy when we were told they were getting a story. 

KC blows your mind right from the beginning, and your HOOKED. Like, seriously hooked. There's no looking away, no stopping and definitely no taking any breaks. It will have you that hooked. 

I don't want to give too much away of the story. It's one of those ones where you need to go in blind, no reading the blurb, no reading other reviews. It's one you have to take in yourself. But know, it's sooooooo good. 
I would recommend reading the other books in the series even though this can be read as a standalone novel. 

I've never known an author with such a beautiful soul, but KC Lynn not only proves it as a person, but through her books too. How she sees the world, the fallen, the damaged, it's beautiful. 
But there's one part in the book (And you'll know which part once you've read it) that will have you completely choked up. I couldn't even breathe, my throat hurt, my eyes stung and by the end of it, I broke. Literally. I couldn't stop crying. 
It was such a painful but beautiful moment in the book, but it will forever stay with me. It shows even the strongest can be weak. 

I'm giving this book a 5*, even though I'd love to give it a lot more. It deserves it and I'm so proud to say it's reached BEST SELLERS already. That's epic and well deserved. 


Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment