Friday 24 February 2017

Make Me (The Sterling Shore Series #10) By CM Owens



DALE

I'm a mature and very pragmatic person, whom others like to call boring.
At least I was...until Harley came back into town...

What do you do when a girl comes back for some petty revenge against you and seduction is part of her game?
You pretend to be a millionaire dom, of course.
Yeah...it sounded better in theory. My execution keeps ending up in awkward messes, and this game between us gets even messier when I learn more about Harley. She's easy to fall for, even though she's hazardous as hell.
What happens when all the games end?

HARLEY

One simple little goal turns into one giant disaster.
On the surface, Dale Sterling seemed like an asshole from my past; the typical arrogant guy who boulders through life and anyone in his way. So a little revenge seemed plausible, considering what he did to me once upon a long time ago. In hindsight, it was immature. But revenge has kept me on top of the world since I stopped being on the bottom of everyone's shoes, so I make no apologies for my immaturity.
But Dale is weirdly kinky...
Everything is going fine...until it gets real. Now the guy I wanted to humiliate is the same guy I'm begging my heart not to stupidly fall in love with.
Unfortunately, my heart tends to be stubborn.


CM Owen's is really outdoing herself this year. Her books have been amazing but they've also been funny as hell. 

Although it's funny, Harley's story is heart wrenching. She's bullied as a kid, and in the most heartbreaking way possible. Her story was touching and I could understand her need to come back to Sterling Shore for revenge. 
But the poor girl didn't have the whole story on one certain person she is intending to get revenge on, not until she arrives and sees him. 
She's an outcast in her family. Her father let her go, deciding to put money behind his stepdaughters (who was one of Harley's tormentors) tuition, leaving Harley to fend for herself. Her mother wasn't any better. She is an alcoholic and drug user, only using her for her money. 
Because, like any badass, Harley comes back to Sterling Shore, not only rich and successful, but gorgeous as hell. 

Awww, Dale. I love him. I hated he got cheated on by his wife and I was so glad when I saw he was getting a book.
He gets himself into a lot of bother in this book though. Not only does he have some major trust issues, but he also has no clue when it comes to women LOL When he finds out why Harley is back, well, he takes advice from his cousins. 
Big mistake.
He fakes being a Dom... it doesn't end well. For poor Harley LOL

I love this series and the group of people in it.  

I am excited to read Britts book, I love her character and we see more of her in this book. She becomes close to Harley and is a reason for a blow out between the group, which broken my heart. 

But the person I'm not most excited about is Maverick... My God, his CAT issue had me in tears. I'm not joking. 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment