Sunday 23 October 2016

Twisted Palace (The Royals #3) By Erin Watt



These Royals will ruin you… 

From mortal enemies to unexpected allies, two teenagers try to protect everything that matters most.

Ella Harper has met every challenge that life has thrown her way. She’s tough, resilient, and willing to do whatever it takes to defend the people she loves, but the challenge of a long-lost father and a boyfriend whose life is on the line might be too much for even Ella to overcome. 

Reed Royal has a quick temper and even faster fists. But his tendency to meet every obstacle with violence has finally caught up with him. If he wants to save himself and the girl he loves, he’ll need to rise above his tortured past and tarnished reputation.

No one believes Ella can survive the Royals. Everyone is sure Reed will destroy them all. 

They may be right.

With everything and everyone conspiring to keep them apart, Ella and Reed must find a way to beat the law, save their families, and unravel all the secrets in their Twisted Palace. 



Broken Prince ended with one of the best cliffhangers I've read this year. Not only do we find out Ella's dad is alive, but Reed is arrested for Brooke's murder. 

The book starts where the last one left off and although it took me a few chapters to get into, I did. I love this series. Nothing could have stopped me from reading it. And I'm glad I stuck to reading it. 
The intensity of the book, the story and the situation was unreal. Reed is facing prison, all for a crime we know he didn't do. Although the evidence is making him guilty. 
I had my suspicions from the very start, my own theory and when it all came to light, I was right. Although, some parts I didn't see coming. 

Ella is allowed to stay at the Royal's while her father regroups as sorts, but the second he finds out she's with Reed, all bets are off. He takes charge, ordering her around and demanding she break up with him. 
I couldn't stand him. I really couldn't. I understood Ella's friends explanation of his actions, but those only explain REAL parents. Her dad isn't really her dad. He hasn't been there for 17 years of her life then he comes back, swoops in and is ordering her around like a dog. 
He gets her fired, moved into a hotel with him and his wife, who we know hates Ella, make her break up with Reed, although this doesn't happen, they just make him believe it did. She has a curfew, strictly so she's forbidden to see the Royals and has to start a school activity. 
Then whole situation with him made my blood boil and for someone who has had no problem saying whats on her mind, Ella did disappoint me when she didn't stand up to her father or tell him where to go. I honestly thought she would threaten him, saying if he kept doing what he doing, then the minute she turned 18 she was leaving and he was never seeing her again. I honestly think she should have LOL

Anyway, the story has a few twists and turns and my heart breaks for Reed during this book. His whole future is jeopardized.

It's a great conclusion to Reed and Ella's book and I really hope we get to read more of the other brothers. I'd really like to read Easten's book next. I love his character. 

5*  

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment