Saturday 15 October 2016

Every Girl Does It By Rachel Van Dyken



When I was little, I was under the impression that guys rode in on white horses and rescued the fair damsel from the dragon. They'd ride off into the sunset, share true loves kiss and live happily ever after. 
Nobody ever told me it was a lie. 
Or that the only guy who would rescue you in High School was the school nerd with Star Wars t-shirts and glasses thicker than an airplane window. 
I guess it shouldn't come as much of a shock that once I graduated high school and started "my career" the first guy to sweep me off my feet was a complete loser, followed by someone who still lived with his mother, and finally coming full circle to where Im sitting now. At some chicks wedding while my boyfriend stands up in the middle of the ceremony and yells, "I object!" 
Disney did not prepare me for this. 
Bad gets worse when I run into the ghost of high school nerds past only to find him a smoking hot firefighter. Unfortunately, he remembers how I treated him, so now I'm the nerd and he's the sexy one. Pretty sure Karma's coming for me in a really big way especially considering Preston refuses to leave me alone and ends up on vacation with me and my friends, friends he stole by the way, in Hawaii. 
He says he likes me, yet annoys me at every turn, and I can't help but think he wants some sort of revenge for turning him down in front of the entire student body. One things for certain, this vacation? Not going to end well. Besides it's not like I'm going to fall for him...nope. Not..at *cough* all.


Another humorous book by RVD. 
The title to this book is so fitting, because yes, EVERY girl does it. 
We all see the nerd, blow him off to save face and regret it years later when he turns out to be a hot as hell firemen. 
I honestly saw this book going in a different direction. I was so shocked it went the way it did but I loved it. The characters were so funny and knowing Amanda was kicking herself, drooling over the man she turned down in front of everyone at her school, was funny as hell. 

I actually read reviews on this saying it was immature, childish and c**p. Yes, people may not see the humor in it but it was funny. It was a light, fun book that you'd enjoy whilst reading on holiday or when it's raining out. It's nothing deep, nothing series, it's just a little light hearted fun where a girl shows up a boy once at school. 

But, Amanda's life hasn't exactly gone as she planned. She's not had much fun in the dating department and the relationships she has had have all turned out bad. Hell, the book starts with her at a wedding with her boyfriend, who ends up stopping the wedding. Who gets the blame??? you guessed, Amanda. But it was funny. And they're pets???? God, I cried from laughing. 

4* 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment