Friday 26 August 2016

Apollyon (A Covenant Novel #4) By Jennifer L. Armentrout



Fate isn't something to mess with and now, neither is Alex. Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods-and Alex herself-to bring her back. The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex's power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex's connection to Seth isn't the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole an Apollyon can't be killed theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries. Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer or she might become the God Killer herself.


I'm so annoyed with myself. I didn't read Elixir and didn't know about it until the beginning of the book but I'd already started and just needed to read LOL
Alex is like a caged animal in the beginning of this book so I'm glad in a way that I didn't read Elixir. I didn't want my view on her to change. 
She was completely obsessed with Seth and turned against everyone around her, people she loved. 

We do learn a little more about Seth since his connection to Alex is strong. But nothing is stronger than Alex's love for Aiden and I do think their love blossoms to an actual relationship in this book. It was really good to see. 

It also has it heartbreaking moments where I did struggle to keep it together. But Alex, ever Alex, was still a little selfish in her grief I found. Instead of mourning the person, I felt she mourned herself more. It was difficult to like her at time because she could be annoying as hell. But I do think the story got good during this book and I couldn't put it down. 

Some bits were a little obvious during the book and I found I knew who the bad guys were before Alex did. They basically screamed at her but she was blind to it. 

I am excited to see if Seth can be redeemed and if he someone will love the boy desperate for love. 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment