Saturday 23 July 2016

Deity (A Covenant Novel #3) By Jennifer L. Armentrout



History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time.

Alexandria isn’t sure she’s going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she’s a goner... and so is Aiden.

If that’s not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she’s caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed… and destroyed. Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...


Holy crap, everything seems to be happening in this book. 
I have to start with Seth because I want to scream a big fat, 'I TOLD YOU SO' LOL!! 
God, I knew, I freaking knew and he had everyone fooled with his easy charm and boyish attitude. What he does... my God, shocked the hell out of me. Even with all my doubt I didn't feel it would be this bad but it is and my God, I didn't even know what to think. 
Poor Alex, she didn't know what to do because although there is a bond between her and Seth, she also does truly care for him. She wanted to believe in him. Aiden and Appolo warned her what was going to happen and that they needed to hide her but she wouldn't listen, as usual, and ended up being taken.

Although, I do feel kind of sad for Seth. All he wanted was to be loved and cared for and as much as Alex cared for him I have to admit, she cared about herself above anyone else, including Aiden. It was always about her. 

How the book ends on this one is worse than all the other cliffhangers. I couldn't wait to read the next one. It killed me not knowing what was happening. 

4*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment