Wednesday 8 June 2016

Obsession (Arum Book One) By Jennifer L. Armentrout



He's arrogant, domineering, and... To. Die. For.
Hunter is a ruthless killer. And the Department of Defense has him firmly in their grasp, which usually doesn't chafe too badly because he gets to kill bad guys. Most of the time he enjoys his job. That is, until he's saddled with something he's never had to do before: protect a human from his mortal enemy.
Serena Cross didn't believe her best friend when she claimed to have seen the son of a powerful senator turn into something...unnatural. Who would? But then she witnesses her friend's murder at the hands of what can only be an alien, thrusting her into a world that will kill to protect their secret.
Hunter stirs Serena's temper and her lust despite their differences. Soon he's doing the unthinkable breaking the rules he's lived by, going against the government to keep Serena safe. But are the aliens and the government the biggest threats to Serena's life...or is it Hunter?



Serena sees her best friend murdered after listening to her tell her the most craziest, outrageous story, ever. Why would she believe her friend? It sounds crazy? But, Serena trusts her, and although she doesn't want to believe her friend is going crazy, she wants to help. Only, minutes later she's murdered and Serena sees first hand what CRAZY her best friend was seeing. 

First off, I want to mention that it's been so hard for me to think of the Luxen as bad and the Arum good, to an extent. But after reading Book Five of the Lux series I know more to the story about the Luxen. 
Before I knew who this book was about, I wondered how I could ever read about a Luxen because before I knew Hunter, to me he was like a mass murderer LOL But he's so much more, more than he even realises it. 

When he takes Serena in, it's to protect her, even if he doesn't want to. But the beginning of their 'relationship' is so funny. If I had been Serena I would have freaked the fudge out, but she actually handled it pretty well. I think it had more to do with Hunter's mysterious, deadly, good looks then his bright personality. Because, let's face it, he wasn't exactly welcoming. 

Just like the Luxen, the Arum can read other peoples auras, as such and Serena is forever glowing red, with is arousal. So, he's pretty much walking around in an hardened state LOL
The banter between the two is epic, and so freaking funny. Another great couple. 

The book was better than I expected and I can understand now why people wanted me to read this before Opposition. 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment