Wednesday 8 June 2016

Hostage (Predators MC Book Three) By Jamie Begley



The Enforcer’s Oath: Protect the club at all costs. 

Jackal made an enemy out of Penni when he kidnapped her years ago. He let her go, never imagining she would take a piece of his soul with her. Now protecting Penni against a former brother will force him to place the club against her once again. 

She may be the Hostage, but he’s the one held captive by the lust she refuses to admit binds them together. 

She thinks The Last Riders and another man will be all the protection she needs to end the tug of war between them. However, he’s never lost a battle, especially against a tiny blonde with an attitude, begging him to teach her that her place is under him. 

To end the battle, he’s going to have to reclaim the piece of soul she stole from him or claim a part of her soul as prisoner. 

When a predator takes you hostage, you’re his forever. 

I'm going to start with pure honesty, I don't think this book was as good as the others. Not the beginning anyway. But, I'm not holding it against Jamie Begley or her future releases because I love her work. 

The beginning felt slow, very... shall I say boring??? I don't know. I think it's more to do with the fact I didn't feel the connection between Penny and Jackel the way I did with the other characters from the surrounding series. 

She ends up getting herself kidnapped by a deadly MC and to help her get out alive and to make sure the club stays alive, Jackel is sent in to rescue her... well, help her, since he tells her she can't go until she identify's someone for the other MC. 

Anyway, it all goes to shit. She can't stand him. 

Oh... but then Shade and The Last riders step up and everything gets interesting. I loved the brotherly love Shade and Jackel had, they both got eyes for each other LOL (Every time they spoke one or both got a black eye) 
I loved how The Last Riders protected them all and the story was linked to Fat Louise's. It made more sense once I got to that part. 

A few things annoyed me with the book, One obviously being the zero connection Jackel and Penny had, well, they had sexual chemistry don't get me wrong, I just never felt the love between the two. The second part was a certain someone's betrayal to the group. I felt Bliss did far less before she got kicked out but this women nearly got them all killed. She thought she had no choice but she's been with them since the beginning and should have known they'd protect her. 

My favourite parts???

Killyamma getting owned by Penny. That had to have been the funniest thing ever. It seems, little Penny has a crush on Train. Who would have known? He is a beauty though, am I right? 
It ends up with the group fighting, it was so freaking funny. Loved it. 

Next up is Shade and Jackels constant love for each other. Funnyyyy.... 


The comments about the Porter boys been crazy... Loved these comments because after reading about them running over people, I kind of got pictured the nuts and crazy part LOL

A few things saddened me in this book too, especially with one of the characters who has been told she can't have kids. It's put a little barrier in this certain couples marriage. It's broke my heart. 

The next is the ducks... I literally cried. 

How the story plays out? You'll have to read to find out. 
After the slow start things did pick up and it's a 4* rating because of that and only that. I had no issues with the writing, or the story line, it's literally me picking at certain things in it as a blogger LOL 

4* 

PS, I'm glad that Jamie Begley is well again and back to writing, I have missed your novels... Stay well, Lisa's Book Reviews

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment