Saturday 18 June 2016

Empire (Eagle Elite Book 7) By Rachel Van Dyken



I have lost everything.
My purpose.
My love.
My soul.
Death knocks on my door, I want to answer, but every time I reach for the handle--the promise I made her, brings me back.
So I breathe.
I live.
I hate.
And I allow the anger to boil beneath the surface of a perfectly indifferent facade.
I am broken, I dont want to be fixed.
One last trip to New York, one last chance to redeem a lost part of the mafia family. The Empire is crumbling and it's my job to fix it, my job to mend the pieces that were scattered over thirty years ago.
The only issue is, the only way to fix, is to do something I swore I'd never do again.
An arranged marriage.
Only this time.
I won't fall.
Or so help me God, I'll kill her myself.
My name is Sergio Abandanoto, you think you know my pain, my suffering, my anger, my hate--you have no idea.
I am the mafia.
I am the darkness.
Blood in. No out.


I can't even begin to describe how much I enjoyed this book. From reading the very first word I knew it was going to be a 5* and Rachel didn't disappoint. 

As you know, Sergio finally loved, but sadly, that love didn't last long and Andie died but what didn't die with Andie was her secrets, her plans for Sergio. 

I felt for Val, really I did. She was so innocent to the life of the mafia and innocent to any bad in the world really. Her Uncles and twin brother kept her from that side of their world, Hoping she never had to find out. 
It wasn't just about her innocence but the struggle she had to go through... Enter, Sergio. 

Forced to marry again, he promises himself he won't be stupid enough to fall in love again. He's still very much in love with Andie. When he meets Val he has to fight hard not to feel anything towards her and goes out of his way to make her feel like crap. But I could understand his feelings, feel the pain he felt and the loss he still harbored. He was being pulled in two different directions and it was heartbreaking to read. 

Val's is intrigued by Sergio, his dark looks, his broody behaviour and the fact he can set her body alight. 
When she finds out she's being forced to marry him, it's not that she finds that bothers her but the fact that their marriage is going to be one sided, loveless on his part and that's what she's struggling to come to terms with. In the end she makes a pact to herself, to just make him happy. He deserves it and boy does Sergio deserve to be happy. 

Anyway... Bullets fly, Tex doesn't shoot first and we finally get to see the boys carefree... okay, their drunk but it's the most carefree those boys will get. And boy, do they feel carefree. LOL !!! Tex sober??? Love him... Tex Drunk???? Hilarious and HOT!!! ALWAYS HOT!! WITH TEX... ALWAYS!!!

This novel, this series, is one everyone should be reading. I can't stop reading them and after reading Empire, I went back to the beginning and started the series all over again. Perfection. 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment