Wednesday 8 June 2016

Down and Out (Caroline Springs Charter Book Three) By Lila Rose


Link coming soon

Stricken by grief, Kalen “Dive” Brooks drifts away from his MC brethren, only having room in his life for his child. Worried for his son, he’ll do anything necessary to protect him, even if it’s admitting he needs help.

Alone and vulnerable, Philomena “Mena” McAdams has lost it all: her parents, her husband, her job and her home. Living out of her car, she’s learned life isn’t worth regrets. When Mena takes the job of nanny and housekeeper for Dive, she doesn’t know what she’s getting into, but neither does Dive.

Can they learn to love again when things are so down and out?


Down and out is the third book in the Caroline Spring series and I freaking loved it. 

Kalen AKA Dive is left to raise a baby, a baby he didn't know anything about until Simone went into labour. 

There's more to that part of the story, but you're going to have to read it for answers. My view on it???? Well, lets just say, heartbreak aside, I think Simone was selfish and irresponsible to get pregnant in the first place. She did it for reasons... but still, SELFISH reasons. 
I'm surprised Kalen didn't ask himself if the reason she was so quick at forgiving him after she made it clear she didn't like him anymore, is because she was using him, knowing he'd never tell her no. 
Yeah, I believe she grew feelings for him, but were they real??? She wanted to leave apart of herself in this world but it never said anything about having apart Kalen and her left before she left. It broke my heart because I was so torn on whether I should like her or hate her. 
She put Kalen in such a difficult situation, never giving him an explanation or time for him to understand and its just another thing to add selfish under. 

Kalen changed after this, no longer was he the fun joker. He took a break from the MC, moving miles away, just him and his boy. He didn't date, move on and he never let anyone in. 
Not even sweet, Mena when she arrived. I loved her character from the start. She was dealt with such a hard situation and I felt for her, I really did. 

I'm also glad he didn't find out sooner that she was living out of her car. I think Lila timed him finding out perfectly, their connection was already there, it just needed an extra push. 

All in all, I loved how this book progressed from something sad and tragic, to something so beautiful it made you want to cry for them. The two were made for each other and no matter how tough the road was for them, they pulled through together, both understand each others losses. 
And as for the lil man in their life, he was so adorable. 


Last but not least, secondary characters.... Please keep Kalen's mom in the picture, I freaking loved her. She was a hoot. 
I was also glad Julian and Matty were in this book, along with others. We get to meet their daughter and of course, where there's Julian, there's drama LOL The funny kind, not the gun kind. It was so funny. I could have died right along with Mena with embarrassment. It had me crying with laughter. 


Loved this book and I cannot wait for Saxons book. I've been wanting this book for so long it's driving me crazy. I'll probably get that excited I'll pass out LOL

5* 

Well done Lila Rose again for such an amazing experience.  

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment