Wednesday 25 May 2016

Origin (Lux Series Book Four) By Jennifer L. Armentrout



Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.
After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he's facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.
All Katy can do is survive.
Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don't seem entirely crazy, but the group's goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?
Together, they can face anything.
But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?


Yeah, this series just gets better and better. 

Not only does Daemon risk everything to go in and save Katy, but they also find out so many hidden secrets the Daedalus are hiding. 
The origin, my God, when they revealed what they were I couldn't... Jesus, it surprised me. And kind of freaked me out LOL
Daemon's reaction to the origin had me crying with laughter though. He literally had tears running down my face and my side hurt from laughing so much. I couldn't breath. 

Then there's Archer. Friend or Foe? 
Straight away I loved his character. I don't know why but there was something about him that had me drawn to him. I really liked him and it turned out I had every reason too. 

Their escape was boomtastic. I can't even explain and I'm not going to because it will ruin it. So much drama, so much explosions it was hard to keep up, but I did. 

Once they're out though, Katy finds it hard adjusting. It turns out she's been there for four months and it broke my heart. She can't contact her mom or anything because of the danger she'll put herself and her mom in. It really broke my heart, especially when Daemon was reunited with his family. 

I can't really go into much more but what happens after they escape will blow you away. Everything seems to happen so quickly, but so slowly too. There were parts in this book that had me crying my eyes out. 

But it was the ending that blew me away. I didn't think anything worse could happen but then it did and the ending.... Jesus, I can't even go there. I don't even know how to explain the cliffhanger we're left with. It's mind blowing. 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment