Tuesday 24 May 2016

Opal (Lux Series Book Three) By Jennifer L. Armentrout



NO ONE IS LIKE DAEMON BLACK.
When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn't fooling around. Doubting him isn't something I'll do again, and now that we've made it through the rough patches, well... There's a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.
But even he can't protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.
After everything, I'm no longer the same Katy. I'm different... And I'm not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I'm capable. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won't turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we're stronger... and they know it.



Holy crap!!! 

This series just keeps getting better and better. I'm blown away. Jennifer is an amazing writer. I've never experienced this level of obsession for a series like I have this one. I can't stop reading them. I envy her writing and hope one day I can reach this level. 

So much loss, so much death is in this book. When we lose Adam, I didn't think I'd cry again during the book, but then I read Opal and I realised how wrong I was. Katy has to face so much throughout the book, along with coming to terms with the blame she harbors for everything that happened with Adam and coping with what is happening to her. 

It's still weird her mom not being in the picture that much. She really doesn't have any parental guidance. Not that she's immature or childish, she's anything but. She's actually one of the maturest out of the group. 

I love the connection between Daemon and Katy and by God it just gets strong during this book. It's mind blowing and every time they're close to becoming intimate they get interrupted and I'm usually one that skims through sex scenes because they all seem to be the same in books, but I was actually dying on the inside to know what it would be like between the two. But it's really PG, barely knowledgeable. It doesn't ruin the book, but it did disappoint me a little, but I can understand her keeping it PG. 

They face more obstacles and once again have to trust the person who has done nothing but lie and betray them. It was a recipe for disaster from the beginning. I don't know how they couldn't see it coming or plan ahead or put another plan in case. 

The ending however, blew my freaking mind. It was two in the morning and I had to buy the fourth book. There was no way around it. The book ended so shockingly and it has to be the best cliffhanger EVER!!! I screamed, literally. 
I don't think you could beat this series LOL

One thing I didn't mention in my other reviews was Katy's love for blogging and reviewing books. Now, I can relate with her love because it's something I LOVE doing, but with my writing taking off I haven't been able to give Lisa's book Reviews the love and dedication it deserves. Anyway, reading how she would video blog her reviews, etc had me coming up with an idea, so I may or may not do a video review of the entire series once I've finished. 

Highly recommend this series to ANYONE. I don't really think there's a certain age limit. I'd let a sixteen year old plus read this. 
I can't even rave enough about this series. 

Soooo freaking good. 

Also, my friend Charlotte is reading the series and is currently a book behind me and her level of excitement over the book is just the same. She hasn't been able to stop reading them. She didn't even need to read the blurb before giving the book a go ahead from my say so. She dived in and when she found out they were alien she was completely shocked. She didn't see it coming. 
Now she's onto book three and unable to stop reading or talking about it. I've been finding it hard to talk about my theory on certain things because she hates in when I tell her something she hasn't read yet. 

So.... If you've read this series or are about to and would love to talk about it, just comment below. 
We can talk about Daemon and is awesomeness and hotness or we could just talk about Flake and his continuous betrayal.

This is definitely a 5* for me but I don't need to tell you that.  

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment