Monday 23 May 2016

Onyx (Lux Series Book Two) By Jennifer L. Armentrout



BEING CONNECTED TO DAEMON BLACK SUCKS...
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon's determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I've sworn him off, even though he's running more hot than cold these days. But we've got bigger problems.
SOMETHING WORSE THAN ARUM HAS COME TO TOWN
The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I'm a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who's got a secret of his own. He knows what's happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
BUT THEN, EVERYTHING CHANGES
I've seen someone who shouldn't be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he's never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them-from me?
NO ONE IS WHO THEY SEEM. AND NOT EVERYONE WILL SURVIVE THE LIES.


I couldn't dive into this book quick enough. After the way Daemon left the last book, warning Katy that he loved a challenge, I couldn't wait to read this one. 

There's so much going on, so many twists and turns and it blew me away. 

Blake, the new guy at Katy's school comes out of nowhere. Literally. I had my suspicions along with Daemon about him, but nothing prepared me for what happened. I was so shocked, but even when the truth, part truth, is revealed I still had my doubts. I was right too. Nothing is as it seems with him. 

Katy goes on a date with Blake but she's unsure whether it's because he's 'normal' or because she wants to make Daemon jealous. The chemistry between the two is off the charts and with each chapter it becomes hotter, more intense. I never knew what to expect when it came to the two. One second I was sure they were gonna kill each other the next I thought they'd jump each other. 

So many secrets were revealed, so many lies told it was a whirlwind of emotions. 
We lose a little of Katy, the old Katy and in her place is a confident, strong willed woman. 

The two are in more danger and it only grows further into the book. The ending had me in tears and I couldn't breathe. Everything just seemed to happen at once, it was so intense. 

Onto book three it is..... 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment