Monday 23 May 2016

Obsidian (Lux Series #1) By Jennifer L. Armentrout



STARTING OVER SUCKS
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
AND THEN HE OPENED HIS MOUTH
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens.
THE HOT ALIEN LIVING NEXT DOOR MARKS ME
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
IF I DON'T KILL HIM FIRST, THAT IS


Holy fudge balls....

I don't even know what to say or where to start because I love this book so faking much. 

I literally downloaded a sample, a bit wary of the price at £4.99 but honestly? I never would normally buy an EBOOK for that price, but this series is so worth the extra pennies I normally spend. 
I didn't even need to download the sample. I literally read chapter one and was hooked and immediately bought the ebook. 

Katy moves to West Virgina before starting her senior year. When her mom tells her she needs to get out, meet new people she pushes Katy to go next door, introduce herself to the two kids she had seen. 
Katy, basically the adult of the house decides to kill two birds with one stone, going over and asking for directions to the nearest shop whilst introducing herself. 
Daemon was rude, cocky and shirtless. I need to stress on the word shirtless LOL because holy hell I am seriously in love with him. Even with his arrogant, cocky, rude self. Everything about him is sexy, self assured and my god, dangerous. 

Anyway, Katy befriends his twin sister, Dee and she's freaking lovely. She's bubbly, outgoing and obviously hiding something. 

Then Katy is roped into going out with Daemon by herself after he offended her. Dee had blackmailed him into going and he has no choice, but Katy, although she wants to kill him, actually finds herself having a good time. 

There's a huge spark between the two and you see it with every page you turn. It's freaking hot. I loved the chemistry and the connection the two have. 

Then Katy starts back up at school after being attacked coming out of the library. Nothing in the town seems to add up and she has some sort of answer to why when rumors fill the school about Daemon and Dee. 

What she's about to find out though, changes her life forever.... 

I couldn't put this book down. I literally had a hard time putting it down to answer the phone or anything. I was literally glued to it. When I first saw Alien, I was like, NOPE!! Nothing could make me want to read about an Alien. But trust me, this isn't your normal green, skinny body, big headed creature. 
There's a deep story behind everything and I can't believe how much detail has been put into the book. It's brilliant. Beautifully written and Jennifer L Armentrout is such a talented author for coming up with such an incredible story. 
The second I finished book one I was wondering why the hell there wasn't a movie of this series yet. Like seriously, it would be one I'd watch over and over if given the chance. 

I can't stress enough to the people who haven't read this book yet to read it. I've loved every word written and already on book three LOL

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment