Monday 23 May 2016

Echo (Black Lotus Book Two) By E.K.Blair



It's been said the longest echo ever measured lasted 75 seconds, but I can assure you, this will last much longer. The bang deafened the world around me, muting everything into nullity, allowing the reflection of its destruction to live far beyond its intended life.

It will follow me forever, destroying me--destroying you.

You want answers?

So do I.


After Bang ended with such a cliffhanger I decided to read this one. It starts off from the end of Bang. 

Alone and not knowing who she is anymore without anyone in her life, Nina, Elizabeth, decides to go to the place where she can feel connected to Bennett, her true love. She travels to Scotland and stays at a little B&B where she meets Isla. 

Still mourning Pike and mostly Bennett she finds herself at a crossroads, hurting herself physically. She starts stalking the house Bennett told her they could escape to and my god, when she finds him there, I knew it would happen, everything just goes from twisted to worse. 

Not only does he HATE Elizabeth, but he harms her, ripping a chunk of hair out. She picks at the thing, making it worse and my insides churned. 
I didn't know what was going to happen, but my like for Bennett disappeared the minute we meet the new one. I couldn't stand him or understand him. 
Personally, I'd never be able to forgive Elizabeth, but hey, he's male and this is a book. But for some reason I was still rooting for Elizabeth to become normal. We see glimpses of it in the first book, but during this book it just becomes worse. 

There's more twists and turns throughout the book and as a sucker, I had to get book three. I reckon I was just punishing myself but I just needed to know.

3*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment