Saturday 9 April 2016

Rev (Gearshark Book Two) By Cambria Hebert



Trent Mask puts the REV in revolution. 
A line has been drawn. 
Indie vs Pro 
Here at GearShark, we’re straddling that line to bring you exclusive coverage of what some have dubbed the war of racing. 
Every war starts with a spark and ends in revolution. 
Drew Forrester was the spark, 
but his second-in-command is the REVolution. 
What does it take to stand brave in the face of opposition? 
Resolve of steel… 
Stubborn will… 
And a heart that refuses to give up. 
It isn’t just the drivers in this war. 
The revolution is about more than just racing. 
It’s about shattering labels and taking risks. 
So we asked Trent Mask: Truth or Dare? 
His answer? 
Both. 


So, as you know I'm a HUGE fan of the HASHTAG series, and GEARSHARK, but I have to say, I'm feeling a little let down by Rev. 

Trent and Drew have this strong bond, this tight connection, and want to know how strong? Read this book. It tells you the same thing over and over and over but in different words. It got so boring I found myself scanning through most the book. I'm pretty sure 80% of it was them explaining how they felt for the other. I don't think Cambria needed to go this far in explaining it. Her writing is exceptional so we SEE it in the characters and in their actions.  

What I loved about the book? Is that Drew doesn't give up on Trent. He doesn't let him push him away and I loved that about him, about their love for each other. 
The other thing Cambria concentrates on is society's view on two men being in a relationship. We already know their close friends reactions, but what about the other people out there. Not everyone is going to be as understanding. 
It goes through the progress of them finding the strength in telling people, telling their family. It proved who were truly their friends, truly their team, and who they could trust. It was so beautiful to see the people stand behind them and heartbreaking when some turned against them. 
I think Cambria hit this topic head on and wrote it beautifully. I honestly hope those bigits out there in the world understand the struggles that gay people go through everyday and not just coming out. I have to say, what Drew and Trent did and the way they did it was so brave. 

The only thing I wish we could have had more of is the frat scenes. I wanted more from them. We was left with such a massive cliffhanger in the last one, I just expected a little more. 
I also can say I love how they were handled. I actually laughed at a few scenes. 

3* and this is only because it took me so long to get into because of the constant repeating of how much they were into each other. It seemed to drag on a little too much for me. 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment