Thursday 24 March 2016

Pretty Little Thing By Teresa Mummert



I was young enough not to understand that my life was different. My stepbrother Colin became the one person that I could count on to protect me. He suffered for the both of us by carrying the burden of our secret.
We were the lucky few that got a chance to start over. A fake family, a new home and a pretty little life built on lies. But while our lives continued to intertwine, we were put on very different paths. Now it was only a matter of time before they collide and the beast behind the beauty is exposed.


This book was kind of weird. I didn't know what to expect but what I got wasn't it. I honestly didn't know what to do with myself, or if I wanted to stop reading. But something about the book kept me glued. I don't know what, I've never been able to finger point it, but it was there. 

They're stories are so tragic, so brutal and honest I felt for the two. We get glimpses throughout the book. 

I did find it was rushed a little and I didn't feel the connection between Colin and Annie. I'm still unsure about her character. I felt like there were more sides to her than anyone else and that's saying something bein's her ''brother'' is a weirdo. 

I think if the chemistry between the two had been built up, explained, and more intense, I'd have LOVED this book, but because it wasn't, I just liked it. It was okay. 
I do think there should have been more of a loving relationship between them and the man that saved them, the man they now call dad in front of people. No one seemed to question anything about them which also made it unbelievable. 

Also, Annie sneaks out to meet a boy from the other side of the tracks so to speak, and he's like a boyfriend as such. One who's father is a drunk cop. It's not why I'm mentioning him though, I'm mentioning her love affair with the boy because it's one of the reason I think she had a personality disorder. She was different with him, full on, different, but then inside her head she was another person. Then....... when she went home, she changed to a different Annie. Confusing. 

The ending was really good and I did find myself glued to the screen, needing to know what happens next. 

3*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment