Wednesday 23 March 2016

Making the cut (The Sons of Templar MC #1) By Anne Malcom



Gwen Alexandra does not need a man in her life. Especially not a man who looks like Chris Hemsworth and Joe Manganiello's love child. One wearing leather, riding a Harley, and covered in tattoos. 

Gwen can bet every pair of her Manolo's that Cade Fletcher is trouble. From the moment she meets him, the attraction sizzles between them. Gwen has a problem when it comes to attractive men in motorcycle clubs. The last one she got involved with almost killed her. 

After healing physically, Gwen decides to get a new start in a small town, half a country away from the man who nearly cost her her life. She isn't in town five minutes when she runs into Cade, a man that is too sexy and dangerous for his own good. 

She tries to keep away from him, to ignore the attraction between them. But the biker has other ideas, soon she is in way over her head, and her heart, and her life are in danger once again.


This is the first book ever that I've read of Anne Malcom's. I'm usually unsure about reading new authors work without having some sort of recommendation, but I'm so glad I went in blind. 
Yes I found some faults with the book, but just a few blips here and there, nothing major. And the only POV I had a problem reading was Cades. But I think the male POV is harder for a female anyway. She truly is talented and I'm following this series like a stalker, but I do recommend a better editor. I think this is what rated the book a 4* for me.

Gwen is such a strong character. After everything she's been through you would have thought that to be impossible. But she is and she's determined to make a fresh start, a new beginning and move on from her fear. 

The book starts with a past scene from Gwen, what happens to her, and why she leaves. Its also the reason she's petrified of men, mostly bikers. But when she meets Cade, the only thing she feels is lust. 

I loved seeing the two get together. A little bit quick for my liking, but it worked. It was literally 'You're mine' the second he sees her and for someone like Gwen, I think he needed to slow down. 
There's  a lot of drama going on between the characters, a lot of action going on all around. It keeps you on your toes. 


Secondary characters in the book become my favourite. Bull is my favourite. I freaking love him. But more to come on him. Promise. 
I also loved Amy, Gwen's BFF and all the girls from the MC that they befriend. Amy and Gwen have a tight friendship and the author really captures that. They're loyal, funny and sassy when they're together. 

4*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment