Thursday 24 March 2016

Dirty Ride (Wind Dragons MC) By Chantal Fernando



Even by Wind Dragon Motorcycle Club standards, Irish was always a bit of a dark horse. Not one to confide his secrets, such as where he got that mysterious scar across his neck, he’s quick with his fists and even quicker to jump to the defense of his MC. But is he nimble enough to handle the woman he never saw coming? Or will she leave him with a matching scar across his heart?


Want to say first that for £2.99 I expected more from the book. I know it has nothing to do with the other, but to me, that's just too much, especially when people buy an e-reader so it's cheaper for them to read. I'll also explain that the other book, Trackers end was 6.99 I think or 5.99 I'll have to double check, but even so, I don't think for that kind of money I'd keep buying them. 

Review wise, I wished this book was longer. Irish deserved a longer book and with the story line it could have been one. It didn't have the MC connection like the other titles in the series had which gutted me. It didn't have the same feel and for one of my favourite members I was so disappointed. 

Valentina, the leading heroin in the story has run away from an abusive relationship, not able to take anymore. Chantal does write the encounters of abuse beautifully, letting us feel everything Val is feeling. But I wanted a little more where Val was concerned. 
Having being in a similar situation I would believe she'd have more problems trusting, especially some bad ass biker. It just seemed unbelievable so I couldn't grip that story. 
I hate writing this. I really do. Because, I always say to my readers, IT'S FICTION, I CAN WRITE WHAT I WANT. But now I understand. If something is made up, even if it's just the way of doing things, it makes you lose your grip on the story. It was such a shame. 
If the author had written a longer version, their relationship could have progressed more slowly, and we could have witnessed more intense measures of what Val had to really go through. 

I would have loved to have read more in Irish's POV too. I wanted to get inside his head, see his past, find out why he is the way he is in previous titles. 

2*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment