Friday 19 February 2016

The Rocker Who Savors Me (The Rocker Series #2) By Terri Anne Browning



Layla… 

…has had a hard life. On her own at a young age, always having to do what needed to be done just to survive. Now she has two other people depending on her and she needs a job fast before they get evicted. A job interview introduces her to Jesse Thornton, the delicious drummer for Demon’s Wings. He reminds her of all the mistakes of her past, but is also her hope for the future. 

Jesse… 

…has never let anyone in. The only real family he has ever had are his band brothers and Emmie—the only women he has ever loved. But then Layla comes into his life and he would do just about anything to get one taste. Can he move past his own insecurities and allow this woman into his heart?

Awe. I love Jessie. He's like the dad of the group. The word of reason. The sensible one so to speak. 
He's childhood memory of Emmie broke my heart. No child should have to live through that. 
Although all the band members have their own stories to share, I think Jessie's shaped him more into the person he's become. With his insecurities and only letting in his right circle of friends. 

Layla, who I instantly loved the moment she arrived at Emmies to be the house maid, I fell in love with. She hasn't had it easy and as a daughter from one of her mothers many one night stands with a rockstar, she isn't a fan. She makes it known and doesn't care. She's strong willed and looks after her two sisters, one of who is under 10. 
When she applies for the job with Emmie you can they'll be good friends. But I have to admit there were times when I felt Emmie needed to butt out. I could understand her need to want to protect her family but come on, there grown ass men. 

The story moves quickly and the relationship nearly comes to blow a few times but somehow, Jessie always manages to fix things. 
With Layla having to look after her sisters she can't afford to lose her job. But the job becomes more to her than cleaning. What she does for one of the band members really got to me. That there showed just how much of a good person she was. 

This story is what got me wanting to read the next. I love the family feel the band has even though only two are actually blood related. I love books like this and it was one reason it got me hooked. 

Would defo recommend to other readers. 

4* 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment