Thursday 21 January 2016

#Posers (Hashtag Series Book Five) By Cambria Hebert



Posers gonna pose 
I am a man who had nothing, but found everything. 
I’ll never go back to nothing ever again. 
I vowed to protect her, and that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. 
The pictures I stumbled upon haunt me still, the secret I shoulder is heavy. 
They say secrets put distance between two people, but the truth is far more destructive than keeping it will ever be. 
I won’t ever tell. She can’t ever know. 
When I look in the mirror my reflection is of who I’m afraid I’ll become and not the man I am. 
It makes me feel like a poser, no better than all the others pretending to be exactly who they aren’t. 
How does a man keep it together when everything is unraveling right here in his hands? 
I didn’t start any of this. 
I never asked for it. 
But it came knocking at my door. 
When secrets and threats knock, I don’t hide. 
I open the door. 
Because the best way to take down a poser is to be one. 


Holy crap this book had everything you could wish for. 
No one has forgotten the torment Zach has caused their family, but everyone but Ivy is moving on. 

Her relationship with Braedon becomes strained, but it's only because he discovered what really happened the night Ivy shared with Zach. 
It really broke my heart. 
And then we have her so called best friend keeping it from her. Letting her believe she had slept with him on her own free will when it wasn't. My God, my hatred for Missy just intensified. I didn't like her in the other books. She just wasn't my favourite character, but when it was revealed who she was, I disliked her more. 

Everything comes to blow when Zach reappears. Although we read some in his POV, I still couldn't understand his hatred towards everyone. What happened to him was awful, but it could have been worse. 
Anywhooooo, when Missy teams up with Zach, the psycho doesn't know what she has gotten herself into. 

I was literally on the edge of my seat throughout the book wondering what the hell was going to happen next. I never put this one down. I even ate holding my damn kindle. I didn't want to miss a single word. 
We also get to meet Drew, Ivy's brother. He comes to check in on his sister when he finds out she's moved in with two men and a friend. 

Romeo bought a house off-campus so that they could all move forward from last semester. With the picture Buzz Boss posted, Ivy hadn't had a good time. So when Romeo offered her and Braedon a room, they took it. 
Drew takes an instant bromance with Trent, the newest addition to the family. He's usually a character that's in the background, but always there, but with Drew in the scene he becomes another family member. 

Is there more going on between them???? Find out in Junkie which is now LIVE. Had to add this into the review because it was during this book that I wanted them together. Their friendship was quick and it was adorable. 

Anywayyyyyy, back to the story. I really enjoyed this one. This has to be the best one for me. I was also glad what happened with Zach is out in the open. I think Braedon was wrong in his decision to keep it from Ivy, but then, I wasn't in his position. 

5* And would honestly recommend this series to anyone. They've become such a huge part of my life now, I'm going to miss them when the series ends.  

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment