Wednesday 21 October 2015

Transparent (Luminous Duet #2) By Erin Noelle



Her elusive past didn't worry me, 
Her heartbreaking scars never made me cringe, 
And her haunting demons only made me a stronger man, 
But the day Blake Martin was stolen from me, 
I was scared to death. 
Prepared to do anything necessary to get her back, 
Little did I know it just might cost me my life. 
My name is Madden Decker, and this is my story.


This is book two in the duet series. I loved the first book and was so gutted when it ended. I remember screaming at the phone because of the huge cliffhanger it leaves us on. 
So you can believe it when I say I was excited to read this one.

Only to find it disappointing. I don't know whether it's because the author left a huge time gap between the two books been released or what, but the story just wasn't what I expected. I had built up so much high hopes only to have them shot down. 
It took me ages to get into the book, and I found it predictable. 
I knew what was going to happen before it even happened, and some parts seemed like they were just written to pass time, or for the author make the story longer. I don't know. 

I will say, near the ending it had me in tears. We meet new characters, and questions are answered. We meet Raze, the one person has can finally help Blake, but at what cost? 

They expect Blake to do the unthinkable, to cover their own backs,  but what will happen to her when she follows out their orders? The only one that can answer that question is also the person who kidnapped her, and saving her. 

I think the author should have given us more action, it's mentioning the mafia after all, and no one crosses the mafia. The whole ending should have been more exciting. After everything we read in the first book this one should have outdone it, but for me, it was really disappointing. 

However, I will rate the book a 3* because in some way, the two still managed to get an ending. 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment