Wednesday 21 October 2015

RIP By Rachel Van Dyken



Pretty things aren't meant to be broken. 
But I broke her, and now we both have to pay the price. 
I'm her nightmare. 
I'm her savior. 
And now that I have her signature on an ironclad contract, I own her body and soul. 
She doesn't remember me. 
She will. 
It's inevitable. 
Because as much as I know I need to stay away, for fear of unlocking the memories I helped her father bury--I can't. 
She was the apple in the Garden, dangled in front of me, her core so tempting and sweet. A voice whispered. Just. One. Bite. 
I bit. 
I tasted. 
I fell. 
Welcome to the world of the Russian mafia, where death, is your only future.



Didn't take me long to figure out who the characters were, and OMG such a freaking surprise. To me anyway, everyone else already probably knows. 

This books, although not directly Elite, is connected to the Elite series. Nic, is Andies friend that visits the day of the funeral, he's a part of the Russian Mafia.
Maya on the other hand is Andie's SISTER. Yes, sister. 
Only, there's more to Maya than you think. 

Nic, who works for Maya's father is a hypnotist. He is the only one in the world who can do what he does at the level he does it at and it's scary as all hell. You honestly wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him. He literally had someone hypnotized to walk into a burning building and stay there until he was dead. 
The book showed immense research that Rachel did and she wrote it in such a manner, it made sense. 
I don't know even know where to really start with the review. I feel like each of Rachel's books should be read going in blind, not reading someone else's review on what happens in the book. 
So I'm just going to say this, READ IT. It is honestly one the best series you'll ever lay your eyes upon. 
Also, don't threat, we still meet the gorgeous Mafia men and they are all funny as hell, even Luca has jokes. Yes, Luca. 

Make sure you keep me posted on what you think of RIP. 

5 flipping amazing *

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment