Sunday 20 September 2015

Spark By Jennifer Ryder



Not many people know that I, Eevie Lawson, have a problem. An addiction to romance novels. I eat them for breakfast. I hide it the best I can, but I need them to breathe. It’s how I cope. 

I’ve had a swag of book boyfriends, but now that I’m free from the responsibility of caring for my three younger brothers, it’s time to find one in the flesh. 

In real life, no girl meets their hero on page one, or even at the end of chapter one. I should know. 

My journey is real. It’s not perfect, and it sure as hell isn’t easy—but the fight for something worthwhile never is. 



I read the other series in this one before getting to the actual beginning. I've loved everything about the other books, but for some reason, I couldn't get on with this one. 
If I had read this one first, there would be no way I would read the rest. So this is a series that is proof books can get better. 

Eevie has to be the most awkward character I know. I naive one at that. After wanting to find her own book boyfriend, to find one with that Spark, guess what she does???
Dates her best friend who she knows she has no feelings for. And when that blows up in her face, like she knew it would, but still acted surprised, she went back to an ex. An ex that she found cheating on her. 

She gives over her body to him easily, and every time she tries to seduce him he always stops it going further than foreplay. 
Why? Read the book. 

She meets her roommates boyfriends friend, and instantly feels that Spark, but instead of owning it, she dates her best friend. 
Then he's back in the picture, and after keeping on to her virginity for so long she sleeps with him after one night. 

Yes I believed they should be together but as far as anything else goes I didn't feel it. 

I am told the next book is better. 

2.5* 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment