Tuesday 4 August 2015

The Vincent boys (The Vincent boys #1) By Abbi Glines



Beau Vincent is rude, bad, and dangerous to know. So why can't good girl Ashton Gray keep away from him? She already has the perfect boyfriend - her town's local Prince Charming, Sawyer Vincent. But Sawyer is away for the summer, and in the meantime Ashton is bored, and the heat between her and Beau is undeniable - as well as irresistible. Ashton is about to unleash her bad girl - but what will she do when Sawyer comes home? And how will Sawyer react when he returns to find his girlfriend in the arms of his best friend - and cousin?



The Vincent boys is the first book of Abbi Glines I've ever read and I'm telling you now, it won't be the last. 
I fell in love with Beau not far into the book. He was alpha male, hot, sexy and a bad boy. How could anyone resist his charms :) 

When I first come across The Vincent boys it wasn't available on book edition so to say i was annoyed was an understatement. Anyway i waited ages for it too come out an purchase it, and i wasn't even a few chapters in before I knew Beau was my new book boyfriend, One you don't break up with. 

Although I don't agree how Beau and Ashton got together, I still couldn't help but feel like they weren't doing anything wrong. It seemed to me she was always Beau's. 

It is like one of those Fantasies where the hot Bad boy falls for you. Making you feel protected, beautiful and loved, and that is exactly what Beau does to Ashton. He gives her everything she needs in a friendship and a relationship, and to me, that is special. 

Sawyer, Ashton's boyfriend, isn't really in the book at the start, as he is away on holiday with his family, so we don't get to see them as a couple. We only go by what Ashton talks about in her POV.
I really had wished the two would confront Sawyer themselves, but no, instead he finds out himself causing a huge argument between the two cousins, in which causes Beau to leave town, which lead to Ashton been alone too pick up the pieces. It was unfair and selfish. 

When Ashton is at school dealing with all the name calling and bullying, I really thought it was over the top. Seriously, anyone would think that she killed Sawyer, not cheated on him. I can understand Sawyer been angry, but for the whole school to turn their backs on her, and bully her the way they did, really got on my nerves. Too extreme for me and didn't really seem that realistic. This is the part that Beau made me mad about because whilst he was away he left her to deal with that all alone. Even with his personal problems he should have let Ashton in. 

All in all i was in love with this book and was excited to read the next .....



Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment