Sunday 2 August 2015

That one night By Josie Wright



All it takes is just one moment to change the course of your life. For me, it was one perfect night. 
I have always had a thing for my brother’s best friend, Ben. When I found him on my parents’ couch, drowning his sorrows in a whiskey bottle, my attempts to comfort him quickly turned into a night of raw and intense passion. 
My foolish heart hoped he might feel the same way I do. 
But Ben wasn’t there to stay and I woke up the next morning alone with a broken heart. 
I attempted to forget the guy with a smile to die for and a touch that sets me on fire. 
I thought I was over him. 
I thought he was gone forever. 
Until, eighteen months later Ben returns and learns my secret. Now, he is hell-bent on winning me back. 
He plays dirty. 
And he won’t stop until he gets what he wants—me. 

But he has secrets of his own. 
Secrets that could destroy everything we might have and everything we are.


A few of my followers are huge fans of 'Loves brothers best friend' novels, but I'm not usually that keen on them, they're usually so predictable. They sneak around, they get caught, the boyfriend and brother fall out, bla bla. 

But....

That one night is nothing like that, at all. In fact, the title pretty much sums it up. They spend one night together, both had a drink, both attracted, but that night set all the motions for the path the two characters lead up to. 

Ben has grew up with Frankie, been best friends with her brother from the time he moved in a few doors down. He's always his attraction to her, so he thought, but then after THAT night, he disappears without a word, or a note to say where he went. 

Frankie woke up after their one night with a note saying 'sorry' but what Ben could never have predicted was the constant reminder Frankie will forever live with. 

Ben returns but the rift between Frankie and her family is stronger than ever and when secrets are revealed, Ben ends up heading home with Frankie. 

The plot to the story was great and well thought of. I kept getting annoyed with Ben keeping his past a secret, I wanted him to be honest with Frankie, but also, it was killing me not knowing. It's what was keeping the two apart, and boy do they belong together. 

The ending was just as good and was proud when Frankie stood up to her family once and for all, telling them where to go. If my mom and dad treated me like that I'd never speak to them again. I wouldn't put myself in that situation. But Frankie is strong and I LIKED that about her. 

4*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment