Wednesday 5 August 2015

Predestined (Existence #2) By Abbi Glines



You would think after helping save her boyfriend from an eternity in Hell that things would go back to normal. Well, as normal as life can be when you can see souls and your boyfriend is Death. But for Pagan Moore, things are just getting weirder. 

The high school quarterback and reigning heartthrob, Leif Montgomery, is missing. While the town is in a frenzy of worry, Pagan is a nervous wreck for other reasons. Apparently good ‘ol Leif isn’t your average teenage boy. He isn’t even human. According to Death, Leif doesn’t have a soul. The quarterback may have skipped town but he’s still showing up in Pagan’s dreams... uninvited. 

Dank has known from the beginning Leif wasn’t human. But he hadn’t worried about a simple soulless creature. Now, he realizes he made a grave mistake. Pagan’s soul has been marked since birth as a restitution, to a spirit so dark not even Death walks near it. Dank knows saving Pagan’s soul won’t be easy but Pagan is his. And he’s already proven he’ll defy Heaven to keep her. If Hell wants a piece of him too, then bring it on.

So It turns out Lief is not who he say he is. That little cliff hanger had me buying this book straight away. 
In fact, we find out he isn't even human. 
The towns quarterback he has been reported missing, and no one has heard from him since Pagan left him in the corridor at school. 
I couldn't believe it, my suspicions where right about him all along. I was just glad he left Pagan alone as I am totally rooting for her and Dank. 

I was so glad when they started to show Leif's evil side, it made me feel better for rooting for Dank, and even though Dank is officially DEATH, and has no soul, he sort of kind of does when it comes to Pagan. He loves her, and in their own special way they own it. 
When Dank comes back into Pagan's life, I was so happy. I was glad when Abbi showed us his possessive, and controlling side, really showing who Dank really is as a person and not just as Death.
I really love the new characters too in this book, Gee, I couldn't get enough of, she made me laugh so much. Specially when she called Paygan, Peggy-Anne. Totally fell in love with her. Never laughed so much in my life when it came to that girl.

 I sobbed my Heart out when a certain someone dies. I really hadn't seen it coming. 
 What really had me at this book was Abbi's look on life, after DEATH.

I have never read something so heart warming in all my life. I never really believed in God, but I believe in a life after death. I mean there has to be right? Our souls should live on, be recycled as Abbi puts it. We move on and our souls are attached to other souls. 
It could explain why we get da javu's, even though we never lived that moment before.

The whole book is about souls, Not people as a person, but as souls. So when *cough cough* dies, and Dank explains the gift of life and death, I was sobbing my heart out. 
When one soul dies, it lives in another. Souls attach themselves to those they love, and find away to bring themselves back to them. So when *cough cough* dies, Dank hinted he would be back in the form of someone else, but his soul would still be attached to his one true love, and the two will be reunited.
In the novel Dank explains there are two souls who are destined to be together, they are soul mates, true loves, and that *cough cough* would return in a unique form. 
So when I got to the end of the book, and I saw for myself that *cough cough* had in fact, returned, I squealed and cried like a girl. A love that strong shouldn't end. i was such a gushy mess.

It was so awe inspiring, I always believed in life after death and wondered what happened to who we are inside, not who we are on the inside. 
Abbi Glines explained it beautifully and amazingly written.

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment