Friday 10 July 2015

Fire in her eyes (Young Love #2) By Amanda Heath




Spencer and I have been enemies for as long as I can remember. Though it wasn't hard to fall into lust with him. And things seemed to be headed to love before unspeakable things happened to me... 

Spencer was supposed to be my rock. My angel. He turned out to be none of those things. What he did hurt more then the tragedy. I don't think I will ever be able to forgive him... 

Not that he hasn't tried to win me back over. His new actions leave me wondering if love can really forgive anything? 

My name is Harley Maxton and this is my story.


One thing I hate more than spiders, and that's giving bad, mixed reviews. 

This book held so much promise, so much potential, yet the author or editor, or whoever ruined it for me. 
The writing was not up to Amanda's usual standards, and found myself more than once re-reading it. I can pass spelling mistakes off, everyone does them, but she also contradicted herself throughout and also mixed up a lot of the story. 
One minute a character was skinny, quiet, broody and private, the next he's a leader of a gang, doesn't shut up and is a badass. confused? Yeah, I was too. 
Not only that but sometimes the story line didn't add up with what she previously mentioned. It confused me more times than I would like to admit. 

That said, the story line was brilliant. Had it all been written the way her other books have, then this would have easily have been a 5* for me. 

Harley hates her next door neighbor Spencer.
Next chapter.....
They confess there undying love and feelings for each other. 

Get where it's going???

She's also violently attacked and my god, that scene was really hard to read. It broke my heart and I felt so sorry for her. 

Then Spencer saves her, but it's too late, she's been raped. Yes, I will ruin that part because I wasn't warned there. I thought someone in the family was going to die, not that. Anyway..... 

She's been raped, badly beaten and what does the love of her life do??????? 
You'll have to read LOL 

SPOILER ALERT!!! (move down to next red to read on without spoilers)

(After been released from the hospital it turns back to Spencers POV where he is back from going back to college, to see HIS EX GIRLFRIEND. First words out of his mouth???/
It's not what you think.....

I can live with that, he said he just wanted to be a normal guy, with no troubles and just wanted to forget about no being able to save Harley in time. Never mind it was actually fucking Harley that was raped, mind you. No, it's all about his feelings..... Yeah, I got annoyed with this book lol I think that's why I was addicted to it so much. It brought so much out of me. 

Anywayyyyy, back to the story line.... 

Then after she finally starts to move forward after the rape, being counseled, SPENCERS EX turns up. 

uh oh 

OH and it WAS what we thought. That fucker slept with her knowing his GIRLFRIEND was back at home in a hospital, beaten, and raped. Don't see this being a happy ending. )))))

NO SPOILERS HERE ON OUT.

The story continues with Spencer trying to tell Harley he's sorry. Yes ladies, he's sorry. Jeeze. 

Everyone and I mean everyone in this book was so unsympathetic towards her, even her own father. There's a scene when she's out of hospital and she sleeps in Spencers bed to feel safe. She wakes up from a nightmare thinking it was real and accidentally kicks out at Spencer hurting him. 
Her father only asks her what she was thinking and when she snaps at him he tells her to basically grow up that she has no reason to be scared when she's in the house and they have the person who attacked her. 

ASSHOLE. 

It was the same with a few of her friends who we don't see once she's attacked. So called friends....

The story doesn't end there, NO... it has more secrets, more twists, one not eve I saw coming and usually I've guessed the ending from the beginning. Amanda did well thinking this one up, so sneaky of her. 

Even though my rants of the story line seem bad, that is just my emotions reading it. If it weren't for the errors throughout I would have loved it even more. 

3.5* 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment