Friday 1 May 2015

Fear you (Broken Love #2) By B.B.Reid



What happens when she’s had enough? 

Lake Monroe has given in to her childhood tormentor too many times. She knows it, he knows it, and even their enemies know it. When he returned after being found guilty of a crime he didn't commit—a crime he thought she set him up for, he returned darker than ever, demanding her body and her submission. To survive him, she knew she had to give in to fear once more or suffer the deadly consequences... 

But Lake experienced what it was like to submit to the dark and demanding boy who invaded her dreams. Now she’ll experience what it’s like to fight him. 

What happens when he wants more? 

Keiran Masters has a past that is both shocking and dark. Once enslaved, he now has demons he can’t escape—demons that have followed him for ten years, demons he blames his beautiful obsession for. He promised to make her pay. He promised to make her break... 

But when Keiran conquered her body and tasted her submission, he found a new addiction instead—one he has no intentions of giving up. 

As secrets unfold, 
Identities are revealed, 
Danger closes in, 
And they both discover what it really means to fear...


I was given an ARC for an honest review.... 

So glad I got the chance to read and review this book. After the first one left us hanging I was excited to see how this would play out and if Lake had finally grew some balls. 
A lot of things are explained in the book, a lot of twists unfolded and it was great. The suspense keeps you on your toes, and has you gripping the edge of your seat. 

Keiran is a hard character for me to explain. He's so dark, so angry, so controlling that you have to hate him, but there is just something about him that you can't help but be drawn too and it kills you for liking him even a little. 

Lake on the other hand gave me whiplash in this book. Sometimes I felt like she needed the spanking just to get through to her because it was like she could hear him, but she wasn't actually listening and at times even I wanted to smack her LOL 
I still don't think his obsession with her is a healthy one, I can never understand the way he wants to kill her but keep her at the same time, but in this book it's finally all brought to life. 

Speaking of..... Keiran's past is brought up a lot and we go back in time to certain scenes that shaped who he became and it was so hard to read. I ended up in tears more times than I like to count, the scenes were so perfectly written you couldn't help it. Especially when I have an eight year old daughter and thinking of how tiny she is and how tiny Keiran must have been I just couldn't fantom how someone could do that to a child, never mind one actually going through what he did.

I did feel like it dragged a lot towards the end and wished it would finish. Then when a certain piece isn't explained or finished I got really annoyed. But then..... I read the third book is going to be Keenan's and Sheridan's. I love this too but I can't help but feel that Keenan is going to turn into something I'm not gonna like, and I really like who he is now.

4*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment