Wednesday 13 May 2015

Dearest Clementine (Dearest series #1) By Lex Martin



Twenty-year-old Clementine Avery doesn't mind being called bitchy and closed off. It's safe, and after being burned by her high school sweetheart and stalked by a professor her freshman year of college, safe sounds pretty damn good. 

Her number one rule for survival? No dating. That is until she accidentally signs up for a romance writing class and needs material for her latest assignment. Sexy RA Gavin Murphy is more than happy to play the part of book boyfriend to help Clem find some inspiration, even if that means making out...in the name of research, of course. 

As Gavin and Clem grow closer, they get entangled in the mystery surrounding a missing Boston University student, and Clem unwittingly becomes a possible target. Gavin tries to show Clem she can handle falling in love again, but she knows she has to be careful because her heart’s at stake…and maybe even her life. 



Ahhhhh, this book just made me swoon all the way through. I couldn't get enough. I just wanted Gavin in my life and I still do. 

It misses out a major part in the story, I think if we had known what happened between Clementine and her professor than I would have felt more excitement and felt more towards her in that aspect of the story line. But because we never, I never really connected to that part. I never really understood. You see, she's an English Major and asked her English professor to edit her first novel. When he becomes to close she backs off asking him to leave her alone, but then he attacks her one night,nearly raping her. We don't read about this, but we hear it from her when she's telling someone what happened to her. I think the book should have began with this happening to her and moved on from there. 

It didn't ruin the book for me though, I loved it start to finish and fell so in love with the two main characters I could have kept reading about them. 

Clementine is back for a new semester and is taking a new class, one she chose by accident. With her romance writing class, and her bills stocking up, she struggles to write a new novel. So when Gavin offers to be her book boyfriend, for him to give her the inspiration she needs, she agrees, loving the way she feels when she's around him. because of her last relationship ending the way it did, she only knows about heartbreak, so he teaches her something new, but she still finds it hard to trust.
I found them so cute together. I loved them together. 

She doesn't have much interaction with her old professor but the times that she does they aren't pleasant. Apart from those two interactions he stays pretty much out of the book. 

I loved the story line that is going on behind the romance part, the mystery of the missing girl on campus. I think that kept me intrigued, and although I guessed pretty early on, the ending still surprised the hell out of me. I never expected it. 
I'm so glad I took a chance on this novel, especially as it was up for FREE and I will be reading the next two books in the series.

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment