Wednesday 13 May 2015

Besieged (She who dares #1) By L.P. Lovell



Theodore Ellis. Men want to be him, and women want to be underneath him. He’s the entrepreneurial bad boy, the tabloids darling, and as infamous in the bedroom as he is in the boardroom. Theo Ellis is the moral free man whore, that women can’t even bring themselves to feel ashamed over 

Lilly Parker. Everything about her screams sex. She’s beautiful, strong, intelligent and independent. She’s the career driven, man-eater, who can make a grown man feel like a sixteen year old boy. 
What happens when a player meets his match? This is alpha versus alpha, as two major players make and break the rules. 
The game will change, and lines will blur. 
This is war. Hearts will become dangerously Besieged, and walls will be battered to the ground. 
Love is a war. She who dares…wins 



I started ruined before reading this one, not realizing that when I received it as an ARC that it was a part of a series. So before I right THAT review, I thought I'd start with this one. 

Theo, Theo, Theo, where do I start? I fell in love with him straight from the bat, he was charming, sexy and I loved the way he treated Lilly. 
Now Lilly on the other hand I found could be quite juvenile. She's a stubborn character with a dark past from what I can tell. There was much to her story that we didn't know and I'm not sure it explained certain parts clear enough to get a grip on the situation. 

The story line as a whole, I missed what the story was getting at. The cliffhanger for me wasn't surprising and I saw it coming, so it didn't make me go 'ohhhhh, I want to read the next one'. I will say the book is funny and certain characters are seriously funny. I can see why people have fell in love with the series. 

It needed a major proofreading done to it, but I looked passed those, but looking at other reviews I can see that some people couldn't. 
I'm not sure if I'll read the next to or not, but I may some time in the future. We will have to see. 

2.5* 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment