Monday 20 April 2015

The Nines By Dakota Madison



Vengeance is mine not the Lord's. It's what I breathe for. It's what I'm still living for. I live for the moment when I will literally have his eye for mine. It's been two years. Two long and difficult years, but my plan is nearly complete. When I'm not in a hospital having doctors try to repair my ravaged body I spend my time on the computer, doing hacking jobs for large corporations and governments who don't want to get their hands dirty or be associated with a job if things go sideways. But they don't have any reason to worry. I'm meticulous, so I'll never get caught. Just one thing stands in my way: The mysterious young woman without a past who desperately wants to be part of my future. I just need to figure out why...




This book was so different to anything I've ever read. Yes I've read about rich SOB that think they can get away with murder, but not the way this was written. 
Although I didn't really connect to the main two characters as a couple, as I thought it happened rather awkwardly and far too quickly when they knew nothing about one another, I just didn't feel it, but that doesn't mean to say I didn't love them together, because I did.

Basically, she moves away from her home town where her brother did the unthinkable. Destroying and killing most of her school. 
So when she has her knew identity, she doesn't expect to bump into her past. When Roxie goes out with her roommate and her boyfriend and his friend she doesn't expect to be intrigued by the going-on's around the school campus. Not only is there a bunch of girls queuing to be taken to a band frat party, that can only be taken if they are picked by one of the frat brothers passing in one of their cars, but there's also a stranger who lives alone, only comes out in the dark and where's a mask. 

Are you intrigued???

You should be, because this is where it gets really interesting. 

Worlds collide, tear apart and lives are destroyed. 

I honestly didn't think I'd enjoy the book or rate it a five star when I read it was to do with rape, a sore subject for most people. Although some parts still made me really sick to my stomach, the story still had me gripped, wanting to know how it all ends. 

I can't wait to read the rest of the books. I'm unsure whether it's a series, or what, or if it's going to be based on the rape fraternity. 

When Roxie's roommate doesn't come home one night, Roxie can't understand the why or the how. It's not like her. So, going to the only other person she knows for help, she finds herself in the middle of something bigger than she ever imagined. 

The book to me shows that no matter where in the world you escape, evil will always be there. This book shows some of the true meanings of evil and I was glad some of the victims got some justice. 
There is one story I cannot wait to read and I hope there will be a story to and that's to one of Roxie's online friends that she talks to in an online chatroom. or whatever it's called.
Anyway, when you get to that part and know who the mystery girl (chatroom friend) is then you'll know why I want her to have a story. 

5* it was written to give you the best experience with such a powerful story line, one that must have been really hard for the author to write. So I give Dakota a pat on the back because it was hard reading at times, let alone reaching somewhere inside you to try and get the story line perfect the way she did.  

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment