Wednesday 18 March 2015

When I fall (Alabama Summer #3) By J.Daniels



For the past nine years, I’ve kept my heart as far away from my dick as possible. 
Those two can’t be anywhere near each other. They don’t play nice, and one of them undoubtedly winds up getting hurt. 

Not my dick. My dick is good. 

The women I take home know exactly what they’re getting from me—sex. Nothing more. At least, that’s what’s supposed to happen. The sweet brunette from Kentucky I set my sights on tonight shouldn’t have been any different. I had her right where I wanted her. Where I needed her. But when my past comes walking into McGill’s pub, the woman in my arms decides to take things to a whole new level, putting me into a situation I never saw coming. 

My heart is about to get fucked. My dick can sit this one out.


I received an ARC for an honest review....

I loved the first novel in the Alabama series, the second I weren't too sure about and couldn't get in to it. So when I got the chance to read book three I was unsure at first, but thought what the hell, this is what they are looking for when they want reviews. 

I was completely surprised by how much I enjoyed it. 

Beth's mom dies and leaves her all alone, fending for herself with no other family that her mother mentioned. So living out of her car she finds solitude in a complete stranger who buys her food. After starving for weeks she didn't care who gave it her. 
After what started off as something good in her life, Beth started to hate where she lived, but having no choice she stayed. So when she finds out her mother had a sister she wastes no time in contacting her and arranges to move in with them. 
She gets on with her aunt and uncle who become protective of her the first time they lay eyes upon her. I have to admit I loved her aunt and uncle loads. The story for them two is heartbreaking. They could never have kids so having Beth there with them feels like they finally got to have the child they never could have. 

Anywayyyyy.... Reed is a manwhore.... he thinks with his dicks and tells his heart to keep out after being burned to the point he was left in ashes by his ex girlfriend. Who by the way I'm 100% sure you will hate just as much as me. The woman was not only deluded and so far up her own ass, she didn't even see what a good man she had before she threw him away to be with a man who wants no interest in her whatsoever. 

The characters Beth and Reed immediately become attracted to each other, and the heat begins to sizzle between the two. But poor Reed doesn't want a relationship to be burned again like his ex did.
The story is fun, sweet, and sexy. 

when Beth finally let's her guard down after being told she is unlovable by the man who took her in when she had no food or anywhere to sleep, I'm shocked to find Reed putting his walls back up.
It takes for Beth to take matters into her own hands for Reed to finally snap. 

Take a chance and read When I fall 
4*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment