Wednesday 18 March 2015

Vincent (Made men #2) By Sarah Brianne




Vincent knows the glamorous side of the Mafia, being born a soldier. 

Lake lives on the opposite side of the tracks, born the daughter of a soldier. 

The light and dark side of him are at constant war, but he is letting his darkness reign. 

She is trying to find peace, and she will soon be far enough away to find it. 

Discovering that his boss owns her, showed him how little he knew her. 

Knowing all about him only makes her want to hate him.




I'm a fu**ing made man. 



I'm just fu**ing trailer trash.


I have literally been waiting for this book for far too long. 

I absolutely loved Nero and it comes in second to Rachel Van Dyken's Elite series. Nothing could ever beat that for me, but this book is coming in close. 

Lake is from the poorer side of the mafia, her father only been a foot soldier. Her mother on the other hand is a spiteful, greedy, gold digger who is married to a wealthy man. He bullies Lake, I mean really bullies her and treats her like she's nothing. It honestly made me feel sick reading it. The way he demands her to clean, the way her mother buys her things knowing that Ashley just takes them off of her. They even make the poor girl sleep on a mattress in the cold attic when they have spare bedrooms. It honestly made me sick. Even on her graduation her mother didn't show, because of her husband being sick with a cold. He wasn't, he just wanted another way to punish Lake. 
What made it worse no one saw what was going on around her. 

When her father gets into trouble, Lake doesn't do what she's told. He's the only person she loves more than anything that she feels safe with. So she ends up going head to head with the mob boss, and giving her college fund over to him and offering to work for him. 
Her life is a complete mess, and I felt so deeply sorry for her. 
Now, in come Vincent, her best friends brother who she shared her first kiss with. Since then she has harbored a crush on him and wanted him madly, but he kept pushing her away. 

Slowly, and I mean slowly, does Vincent help Lake sort through her problems, only for Vincent it's been hard to keep her safe when the boss wants her gone. After all, she doesn't do what she's told. Not ever!!! 

I have to say I burst out laughing when Lake leaves to her grandmas and Jamie Begley's The Last Rider's characters were apart of the book. Hearing what Vincent was saying made me laugh because I couldn't picture him going up against any of them. It honestly had me in stitches. I wouldn't mind, but Vincent is known to break bones and kill people with his bare hands. I guess to me Jamie Begley's last Rider boys just do it better ;) 

The book was well played out and I cannot wait for the next in the series. I'm still debating if I'm 

                           #TEAMAMO     OR     #TEAMLUCCA 

5* 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment