Wednesday 18 March 2015

Step-Lover By Bella Jewel



I met him before I knew. 

I loved him before I knew. 

I didn’t know he was my stepbrother when I fell for Bladen. I fell for a mystery guy who I spent a long, amazing weekend with. Then he got up and left me, without even a goodbye. I was nothing more than a bit of fun. 

He broke my heart. 

I didn’t see him again. 

Until my mom and her new husband, Jack, decide to take us all on a family vacation to the lake so I can meet my new stepbrothers for the first time. 

I don’t see it coming. 

When he gets out of that car, my world stops. My passionate lover is…my stepbrother. 

He isn’t the same man. He’s a prick and he makes sure I know it. 

I’m not the same woman. I’m in love with him and I very much plan to make sure he knows it. 

He won’t make my life easy. I won’t give up. 


Seriously hoping there is going to be more from these characters. In fact I'm praying for it. 
I received an ARC and trust when I tell you I dropped every book just so I could start this one. 

The book really did surprise me though, not only because it was different from all the other stepbrother novels that are out lately, but because it's so far out from what Bella Jewel normally writes. I have to give it to her, she did an amazing job. 

Aria, after losing her father and sister in a car crash when she was little and witnessing her sister die has felt like a lost soul all her life. When her best friend takes her out one night underage to a club, she decides to lose her V card to a mystery stranger who makes her skin prickle. 
They decide no names should be given when he propositions her a weekend of endless pleasure. Taking him up on the offer, they decide to give each other fake names, agreeing to exchange real names at the end of the weekend, only on the last day Aria wakes up to find him gone. 

A Year on, her stepdad Mark  stepsons are coming to live near them, so he decides the best way to get to know one another is to go to his lake house for the summer. 
Aria has the biggest shock of her life when she finds Mystery man is the one and only Blade, Marks son. 

From there their relationship is messy, moody, sexy, doomed, and heartbreaking. There story is filled with so much suspense, drama, angst that I wanted to shake there heads together. 

It did, (I admit this) get kind of frustrating towards the end. The years kept passing and still the two would not get together or avoid that they had strong feelings towards one another. 
I knew it was forbidden, but they never gave it a chance until the end. 

Step-lover doesn't just focus on the relationship between the two characters, but the relationships between Aria and the other brothers. Not only have they formed a strong bond with her, but they've both confided their dark, untold secrets. 
It also deals with the heartbreaking subject of one of the brothers being Gay and in the closest so to speak. Only Aria knows, but then when he decides to get a boyfriend as is caught by some jocks, he's worried about his family and again confides in Aria. Only, the timing couldn't have been worse as the Jocks see him and Aria and verbally attack them, it leads then to Aria's stepbrother getting badly beaten. 
Not wanting to give anymore away I'm going to leave it at that, but let me just say, no one should be bullied for who they chose to be attracted to or who they love. I found myself wanting to skip that who scene but couldn't stop as I needed to know what was going to happen. I felt so sorry for him after. It broke my heart. 

Bella Jewel, you did it again, another fantastic novel 

5*  

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment