Sunday 22 March 2015

Shade (The Last Riders #6) By Jamie Begley



Want, need, pain, and joy were emotions Shade had never known existed before Lily. He knew the first time he saw her face that she was going to change his life forever. The thing he hadn’t expected was how hard it would be to hide who and what he was from her. Each step he took out of the shadows revealed more of himself, until only one secret remained. Shade arrogantly believed he could help heal the wounds from her past, but now it was his own past that was trying to tear them apart. To keep Lily, Shade would have to use the very skills he had been trying to hide from her. The skills that made him a killer … a soulless monster. 


First off, I wasn't sure if I'd get into this book as I presumed from what other reviews said it was going over what had already happened. But.... with Shade and Lilly being my favourite character I decided to read it anyway. 

And holy hell am I glad I did. 
Shade is so much more than rehashing over the last books. It has you seeing things the other books missed. We see all the manipulating Shade really did to get Lilly and how he manipulated her. In a good way of course. 

I loved the book and although it's really long and did take me nearly four days to complete, I loved every minute of it.

scenes like Lily's birth, and the dealing with Evie's evil twin sister is all in here. It's why this book NEEDS to be read. It's one that shouldn't be missed. 
I honestly couldn't believe how it all ended and believe me when I tell you I want to read more from these characters :( 

The only character I don't like barr Evie's sister is Bliss. For some reason she gets on my nerves. I don't class any of the girls in the book sluts apart from her for some reason. The others do it simply for sex, to have fun, and do something they enjoy and not be judged, but Bliss, she was a slut. She would have gone with Razer knowing he had a wife and kids on the way, she kept trying to go with Shade behind Lilly's back and then when she has a show down with Lilly it really got my back up. 
It was the night Razor used her to get Beth to forget about him. In the first book when she's released from hospital and goes straight to the club house to find Razor all over Bliss that did it for me. I disliked her during the other books but reading Shade is like reading behind the scenes. She not only went back up to the room with Razor but she was willing to carry it further knowing it was really just a way to get shot of Beth and keep her safe. 
The same when she tried to talk Shade out of being with Lilly. It really got to me. As you can tell by my ranting LOL 

However, it was the ending that did it for me. I don't want to ruin it, but I got more than I bargained for. Just whatever you do, MAKE sure you read the epilogue. I cried so hard. It was so romantic, so sweet, and something I'd totally want in my life. I'm getting choked up thinking about how they met, about their journey and about Lilly's to where they got to in the end for them to be together. Ahhhhhh, Jamie Begley really did well writing this book. For some reason i have a feeling this is the last book :( But I'm sure I read somewhere that bliss dies. I don't think that can be right as she's there in the epilogue. 
I also wanted Lucky with Willa, Train with Killyama (Sorry about spelling) and Rider with someone. I honestly want more ....

Anywhooooo, 5* from me. Jamie did a fantastic job going over each book, never wavering from the story line. It must have took some time for her to complete this book and I have to give her huge credit for it, because she did it brilliantly. 

well done. 

What did you guys think? 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment