Saturday 28 February 2015

The Hurricane By R.J.Prescott



Emily McCarthy is living in fear of a dark and dangerous past. A gifted mathematician, she is little more than a hollow, broken shell, trying desperately to make ends meet long enough to finish her degree. 

Through an unlikely friendship with the aging, cantankerous owner of an old boxing gym, Em is thrown into the path of the most dangerous man that she has ever met. 

Cormac “the Hurricane” O’Connell is cut, tattooed and dangerous. He is a lethal weapon with no safety and everyone is waiting for the mis-fire. He’s never been knocked out before, but when he meet Em he falls, HARD. Unlike any other girl he’s ever met, she doesn’t want anything from him. Just being around her makes him want to be a better person. 

They are polar opposites who were never meant to find each other, but some things are just worth the fight. 



OH MY GOD..... 
Why have I only heard about this book until now?
Everyone should be raving about this book. I heard one review say it reminded them of Beautiful disaster and I want to say how WRONG they are. This book is completely in it's own league. For a debut novel too? This book is crazy amazing. 

I fell in love from the beginning. And usually I only really like the main characters, but the first character I fell in love with was Danny, an old gym owner who has taken a liking to Em. He is the most adorable, most honorable, loyal, lovable character I have ever had the pleasure of reading about. 
I can't even begin to describe how much I loved him in this story. He made it complete. 

Then we have Em. For once, a story that starts with a shy, timid, scared girl keeps her personality the same all the way through. Not change her half way into this loud overbearing character. All the way through the author kept her real. Yes she became more confident with things, like walking into a room, or going out for a drink, stuff like that, but nothing worldly. 

Then we have the incredible Con. He is seriously freaking hot and the way he handles Em throughout the book is really swoon worthy. I proper zoned out reading The Hurricane I loved it that much. 

Em and Con both have demons, Em more so than Con and believe me when I say they fight them together. I felt so sorry for Em. My heart truly bled for her. 
As for the whole MMA, BOXING genre going on, it's one of the best I've ever read. I actually felt like I was there during the whole book. 

The ending of this book is a whole other level. It blew my mind.

I going to beg you all to read it because I want to hear YOUR views on it. No one ever gives a debut author the chance, but this author truly deserves it. One of the best books written this year.

5 kickass *

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment