Sunday 22 February 2015

promises Hurt (The promises series #1) By Elle Brooks



I wasn't planning on falling for Ethan Jamison, hell I wasn't planning on our paths ever crossing. He’s the most popular guy at school and a complete player. Me; I’m the perpetual good girl, trying to carry out one last request. But when you make a promise, how far do you go to see it through? 

~ Blair 


It’s a running joke that I’m a terrible liar, if only people knew the truth. My whole life has been spent making excuses and deflecting questions. I was pretty good at it until Blair Thomas entered my world. She saw through the mask that everyone is so willing to accept. She makes me want to tell her all my secrets, but can she promise to keep them? 

~ Ethan 


Promises hurt is the debut novel from Ellie Brooks and I have to say she did an amazing job. From the very first chapter I had been hooked and loved Blair and her bestfriend Emily from the very start. 

Not only is the story about first, young love, but also about loss, and moving on. 
Emily dies, after being diagnosed with terminal cancer. Blair, being the ever loving bestfriend, spent every moment she could with her. Anyway, Emily left Blair a bucket list to finish. Emily had managed to tick most of them off but there were a lot on there that still needed crossing off. 
Ethan Jamison is one of those. 
Emily had a massive crush on Ethan and went as far as to get pictures of him with her in them. I thought it was hilarious and so what girls their age do. The best part I found between the friendship was when Emily cried over losing her hair due to chemo, so Blair only went and got a nice and got her head shaved so Emily didn't feel different. That part really had me choked up. Their friendship truly was sensational. 

Anyway, without going too much into the story Blair ends up tutoring Ethan. I loved their friendship from the beginning and even more when they became an item. You could feel from the authors writing that they truly loved each other. 

On their way to Vegas to get another bucket list ticked off, Ethan and Blair go camping. Only it doesn't end to well for the couple..... 

This is all I'm telling you. The ending was a HOLY FREAKING CRAP!! Moment and I literally bought the next one straight off and read it. I stayed up until half 3 reading it. 

4* 

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment