Sunday 22 February 2015

High Strung (Power station Book One) By T.Gephart



Ashlyn Murphy was not living the dream. Twenty-seven years old, college educated, up to her eyeballs in debt and yet she’d been relegated to pouring beers at a local bar. She desperately needed an out and was willing to do anything to get back into the corporate world. Well, almost anything. Dan Evans, Rock Star was NOT one of those things. In fact she despised him. Apparently he didn’t get the memo. 

Dan Evans, bass player of international rock band Power Station had it all. He was rich, travelled the world, played to millions of adoring fans and had no shortage of beautiful women willing to share his bed. He didn’t need a moody redheaded knockout with a superiority complex complicating his life. Or did he? 

When two people who couldn’t be more opposite cross paths, it’s bound to be explosive; sometimes all you can do is sit back and enjoy the show.




High string had me in stitches from the beginning to the end. It kind of reminded me of Play. 
Dan Evans is one of the funniest characters I've read about in a long time. He was so serious when he spoke complete and utter bollocks that you couldn't do anything but laugh. I swear, I cried laughing so much during the book. 

I fell in love with Dan from the beginning. His easy going sense of humor, charming good looks and his ability to speak what is on his mind is what attracted me to him. He is honestly so loveable. 
This is the first novel I've read from this author and I'll be definitely reading the next one. But.... I'm a little confused (and will research this) as to Lexi and Ashes story. Did they have one and I missed it? Because their story has me intrigued and I want to know how they get together. But this says BOOK ONE. 

The two are completely opposites, and that's putting it nicely. But together they are perfect for each other. 

The only problem I had with the story was towards the end. She leaves him for something so ridiculous. To me it was anyway. Who cares how they met as long as he didn't cheat or pursue you at the same time? Or that he went out to support you knowing you were to good to work in a bar? I honestly went a little off Ashlyn on this part wanting to scream spoiled brat. But then it's fiction and reading it from her perspective I can understand why. Kind of. Grrr. 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment