Wednesday 4 February 2015

Fear me By B.B.Reid




A story that will make you question everything you thought you knew about LOVE and HATE. 

I don't believe in fairy-tales and Prince Charming. 

I believe in fear. 

He taught me how to be afraid. 

We first met on a playground during a wonderful summer day. It was the first time he hurt me and it wasn't the last. For ten years he's been my tormentor and I've been his forbidden. But then he went away and yet I was still afraid. 

Now he's back and wants more than just my tears. You see...he thinks I sent him away so now he wants revenge...and he knows just how to get it. 


Fear me Is B.B.Reid's debut novel and although there were a lot of errors and grammar was poor the story was consuming. I had been so addicted from the very beginning wondering why he was so mean to her. 

Keiran scared the ever-loving-shit into me. Seriously scared me. I understood why she was afraid of him, but never why she would want him. He's pure evil. Keiran has had a troubled past, when it's revealed what he's hiding and why he's the way he is I could understand more, but from the beginning I just kept asking myself why he wasn't in jail. For what he did to that poor girl for ten plus years and no one helping is sick. 
The first time I read him threatening to kill her and she believed him I disliked Lake, I thought what an idiot, but not long after his threat do you realize it wasn't a threat but a promise. It had me completely on edge not knowing what he would make her do next. 

Lake is in such a sticky situation. It's horrifying. And there is a part in this book that I do feel needs to be mentioned to others. In the description it does warn you about certain scenes. But there is one in the book where he takes her virginity and she told him no she wasn't ready. She lusts for him and does enjoy certain things that he makes her feel, but to me, no means NO. That's rape. No matter what she is feeling towards him, because they are mixed feelings, she said no. Plus, if she didn't Keiran would kill her Aunt Clarissa. 

Towards the end of the book we see a different side to Keiran and at this time Lake decides she wants to grow a backbone. I couldn't believe it. During the book I had a hard time wondering why she didn't just end things or run away. Then all of a sudden she starts fighting back once he's stopped been a complete nob. Kind of. 

Anyway, certain events in the book lead to what has to be the most excruciating endings of all time. Not only did I not see it coming, I'm actually scared as to what is to come in book two. 

I read a few reviews before reading it and one stood out to be and now, after reading the book I agree whole heartedly. Here is the statement from Twisted sisters book reviews

"My final answer is Dark Romantic Suspense. I'm using romantic loosely here. There's isn't a real clear answer, I see why she struggled with labeling the book. The book needs a warning, that in itself is dark. Vanilla readers might have a hard time swallowing, dark readers may call this light in some ways. I call it a perfect balance and I loved every bit. "

I really enjoyed the book and had a hard time putting it down. I even went without dinner yesterday so I could finish it off. 

The only problem I had was the poor grammar skills and typos. I think with some Beta readers or an editor these could have been picked up easily. B.B.Reid will go far with this series and want to say well done for writing such a fantastic debut novel. 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment