Sunday 22 February 2015

Ember (Elite #5) By Rachel Van Dyken



Everybody Loves A Bit of Darkness..Until It Consumes Them... 
I am a Killer. A Rapist. A Monster. 
I know only pain and survival. 
That is until the Cappo's sister walked into my life. 
And changed everything. 
She's a light who makes my darkness darker, her smile makes my heart turn to ice, and I can't escape the fear her seductive looks instill--knowing it's only a matter of time before I fail--again, and take her for myself. 
This is the story of my redemption. 
But it's not pretty...I died, and now I'm alive, but not living, breathing but not surviving. I am Phoenix De Lange, son to a murdered mob boss, estranged brother, horrible friend, monster in the making, newest leader to one of the most powerful families in the Cosa Nostra. 
And I will have my vengeance. 
Or die trying. 
I am Phoenix De Lange. 
Death is all I know. 
Until she offers me a piece of life--I can't resist taking




It feels like I've been waiting years to read this novel and as always, Rachel didn't let us down. The book is freaking amazing. I don't think I'd ever get enough of the Elite series or their characters. 
I end up laughing in the most inappropriate moments and wanting to cry in others. 

I wasn't sure about reading this book because I wasn't sure I'd like Phoenix. What he did as a boy made me sick to my stomach and I don't know how anyone could find redemption after doing something like that. Then I read the novel and if anyone deserves redemption is Phoenix. He was a victim just as much as the girls were. I felt so sorry for him it broke my heart. Everything about him did, to him not eating, to him not sleeping, it really broke my heart. 
I just wanted him to be happy. 

I loved how, out of everyone, it's Bee that fixes him. That see's he's dying inside. She supports him, pushes him and loves him and it was incredibly sweet and adorable. 

Really enjoyed this novel. I don't want to say anymore as I may as well tell you the whole plot LOL!!! Just know, this series is one of the best out there and with Rachel Van Dyken, you'll never be disappointed. All her work is amazing. She's so talented it makes me envy her. She really knows what readers want in their books. 
The Elite series is something else entirely. No other Mafia book could ever live up to this one. None!!!

Also, you get a sneak peak into the books which just so happens to be Sergio's. It's only a page or so, but my God, my eyes watered. 

5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment