Sunday 1 February 2015

Because of you By J Lea



What would you do, if you lost the one person in your life that you could count on? 

Abuse 
Pain 
Sorrow 
Fear 

These are the things, that Aaliyah Thomas had to cope with, all of her life. After the person, who meant the most to her and who made her life worth living, is murdered, she escapes and flees to the other side of the country. She enrolls in a college, determined to go on with her life. What she does not know, is that the killer is looking for her and will do anything to find her. 

Ryder Knight lives for basketball. He is one of the most popular guys on campus, with a lot of friends and a good heart. The only thing he misses is honesty. Most hang out with him because of his money, so he isn't sure who is sincere and who has hidden motives. 

The attraction between Ryder and Aaliyah is immediate, but Ryder's distrust quickly ruins any chances of them becoming friends. 

Is he ready to open up his heart and once again let love enter his life? Will Aaliyah break down the walls, that she set up around her heart and finally start trusting others? 

Will they get their forever? Or are their hearts too broken? 



The blurb sounded right up my street, so I plunged into this one without reading reviews or anything. The blurb was enough for me. 
Although I didn't get that all alpha male vibe from Ryder, I loved his character, even at the beginning. 
Aaliyah running away from her past and from a killer she's hiding from, finds herself in the midst of a new college surrounded by a group of tight nit people thanks to her new roommate. 
She finds herself a job. 
Friends. 
and even sings. 
She really is an amazing character. I liked the fact that she and Ryder didn't rush into anything and there relationship grew upon time and not completely rushed. 

Then we have the ending... 
Oh My God.... 
It was brilliant. I don't want to tell you anymore because it will ruin the story for you. 

What I will warn strongly about is the poor editing done on the book. I'm usually one to see past something like this if it's small or once in a while, but with Because of you I found it every other sentence or so. It ruined the book in a way for me and would have rated it 5* had it been edited. 
The story is brilliant and it's shame this wasn't edited. 

3*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment