Tuesday 6 January 2015

Push By Claire Wallis



I feel like I am wrapped in a cyclone. Everything is whirling around me, drawing the air out of my lungs and filling me with the best kind of turmoil. Every time his tongue slides against mine, a prickle in my gut tells me how right we are together. How much I need David. How much I need us.
I hope the cyclone never stops.
Emma Searfoss has spent a lifetime trying to escape her abusive stepfather. It's why she moved far away from home. It's why she's kept no ties with her remaining family. And it's why she's got a major rage problem. When her neighbor shows up to fix the kitchen in her new apartment, his enigmatic charm calms the fire in her. David is cool and collected, and he makes Emma feel safe for the first time ever. But David has his own chilling past—his six previous girlfriends have all disappeared without a trace. Emma's walking a dangerous line, but David's pull is intoxicating. And impossible to resist…


The beginning of Push completely ruins the book. How is starts gives EVERYTHING away. I was highly recommended this book, but I knew how it was all going to end, and that there wasn't going to be a mistake, that he really didn't kill all the other girls etc. Unless he didn't, but then, I think he did. 

Anyway, Push wasn't really doing anything for me. I stayed with it till the end, but felt like I had wasted money, and time reading it as I never enjoyed it. 
They sleep together straight off. She moves in, he fixes her kitchen and tells her stepfather to get out. Later on that night when she wakes up she goes upstairs and let me remind you, she met him the day before and was wary of him, and walks in to his apartment without looking. She then continues to walk down to his bedroom where he's sat with a group of friends he doesn't like or trust and sits down on his lap. She then ignores everyone in the room while starting the nasty. If he didn't tell everyone to get out, I still think she'd have done it there in front of them all. 

Emma has also had a really shit childhood, there were parts I couldn't even stomach that made me cry for her, but she plays it off as if it was no big deal that her brother let two of his mates rape her, or that her mom watched her stepdad degrade her over and over again. To me, she should of had some serious counselling. I disliked her whole family. Every single one. 

Then we have David's past in the POV of all his ex-girlfriends and although I guessed why he did it as such, I'm still unsure why he did it to all his ex's. I just feel as lost as I did when I first read the book and even more confused now I'm writing the review down LOL. 

2*  

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment