Saturday 10 January 2015

One more chance By Abbi Glines



Grant Carter did everything in his power to convince Harlow Manning that he was a good guy. More than a smooth-talker and someone she could trust. He had to overcome his reputation as a playboy, and his history with Harlow's half-sister, Nan, a woman with a reputation of her own.
Harlow had taken the chance, falling hard and fast for the guy who thrilled her with his all-consuming desire. After a lifetime of avoiding bad boys like Grant, she had opened herself to the possibilities of love...
But a life-changing secret has torn them apart, and now Grant and Harlow must decide if they have enough fight to make it work - or if the pain of betrayal has permanently destroyed their future.


This is the second in the Grant and Harlow novels. 
I know I'm a little late in reading it, but every time I got to it, something in me didn't want to read it. Do not ask me why. 
Anyway, I waited for it to go down on sale before I purchased it. Then the other day I thought what the hell, let's see if it's any good. 

I am a huge fan of Abbi Glines, her writing is brilliant, but I will say this one isn't one of her best. 
I had been so excited to read this one, but I felt like it dragged. I guess I was hoping for something more. 

Although, I will say it did have me in tears. Abbi really knows how to pull at your heart strings which is what she did with this novel. 

There were a few disagreements I had with the story. Like when Harlow finds out Grant had proposed to Nan previously, and that's why they had broken up, then a few days later he proposes??? Harlow seems like the sort of girl to catch up on that. 

The book is worth the read like all the series of Abbi's. I am looking forward to Tripp and Beth's story as I haven't read theirs yet. 

3.5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment