Tuesday 6 January 2015

Debt By Nina G Jones



I don't know what I was thinking when I hired someone to attack me. Maybe I was bored, or lonely, or there was a void so deep inside of me that I needed something explosive to fill it.

It was supposed to be safe. A thrill. A way to break through the monotony of everyday life. It was an illusion of danger that I could walk away from as soon as it was over.

Except that it wasn't. Because I had been in danger long before I ever invited it into my life.

* * *

My mission is almost complete. The bubbling boil of vengeance that heats my blood might finally simmer.

She is the last piece of the puzzle. Once I destroy her, everyone who ever hurt me will have paid their debt.

It was supposed to be quick and easy, but as soon as I met her it got complicated.

Very complicated.


Ha, yes, you read the blurb right. She hires someone to rape her. Yes. 
This is the only thing that really fucking annoyed me with this book. Why would someone want that to happen to themselves, I can understand wanting someone to take control, make them vulnerable, but to label it as rape turned my stomach. I do think it's a disgrace to all rape victims out there. That's my only fault. 

The story line however, is brilliant. It had me completely consumed from the minute we find out he's not the person she hired. 

The back story to the novel is tragically heartbreaking. Two people from the wrong side of the tracks attacked, raped, beaten, degraded, and everything else while the people who did it got away with it. I couldn't handle reading these parts. There is more to it, but you'll have to read the book because I don't want to give it away. It does explain more as to why he wants revenge on her. 

There isn't anymore I can say because it will ruin the story for you, but it's a fantastic novel apart from my opinion at the beginning of the review, but don't let that stop you from taking a look. 

If rape, bullying, fighting, or stuff like that turn your stomach like it does mine when reading a novel then this one isn't for you. It's a dark read in places, but I'm still glad I read it as I liked they got their revenge in the end. Gave me some peace of mind. 

5* 

Also, my first 5* to the year ;) 2015

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment