Saturday 17 January 2015

All about me (Love hate series #2) By Joanna Mazurjiewicz



I’m the monster, a bloody human incapable of emotion 

I soon realise that my revenge didn’t make me feel any fucking better about myself, instead it pissed me off to realise that I’m in love with her. 

Two days later the letter addressed to me arrives in the post and the ground moves beneath my feet, because the whole truth about India is out in the open and the pain punches me so hard that I can’t breathe, darkness crawls through me, sparking all the insecurities and fears about my dead brother back to ugly reality. 

Then off I go with my apology, trying to fix this fucked up situation but she doesn’t want to listen. Every time I do something the guilt is burning my gut, pushing her further and further away from me. 

She even goes an extra mile making me feel like a prick and she gets involved with someone else just to get back at me. She pretends that the event in the restaurant didn’t mean anything to her, like she is immune to my actions. 

India’s pain is raw, deep and whenever I lay my eyes on her I remember the cruel things I’ve done. 

The next couple of months I focus on getting her back. This is the only thing that matters to me now. I must redeem myself; forget about anger, other birds and parties. 

India is the only person that I want, I love her and only her but the problem is that she hates my guts, so I’m the last person that she wants. 

I must prove to India that I’m worthy of her love,


The book begins where the first left off. With India running away from the restaurant away from Oliver and his laughing friends. 
Could the story get anymore complicated??? Yes, she runs to one of Oliver's football team mates, the one he hates and the one she had a go at in the first thinking he'd hurt Oliver out of jealously. Not only does she run to him for support, but she starts a relationship with him. 

Messed up? YES!!!

I wanted to really bang their heads together. 

Now that Oliver really wants to talk about their past, to give her his side of the story, it's her not listening. Them not listening to each other is what caused their problems in the first place. 
I still don't know whether or not I would have acted how she did if Oliver did that to me. Breaking up with me while his friends recorded it. I'd like to think I'd just walk out and move on. But to India she acted like he violated her. Which in a way I can see why. She trusted him and felt he had forgiven her for her mistakes. She bullied him pretty badly in high school. 

I'm still confused on their ages because it says Malik is two years ahead, but he's only a year ahead in college. Then there's the whole older brother malarky. We know they aren't twins because his mother confesses to why she was so mean to him in this book. So why the confusion on the age? I didn't get it. The way I saw it Oliver was younger than her, but he's not. Hell, I don't even know. 
Anyway, he writes a letter back to her, for it to be returned. At first I wondered why because clearly the letter had been read. A LOT. Then I thought is this the part where it's going to be her new boyfriend sending it back after reading it. That she didn't see it, but it wasn't. 
I honestly thought he'd turn out bad or something, but in the end he was actually just genuinely nice and liked her.

After everything in the past book and in this one, it ended abruptly. Like wham bam it's was finished. 

The book had dragged for me. Repeating the same things over and over so I couldn't get into it. It's the only reason why my review is low. I felt like this book wasn't really needed or something. Or something more should have happened, instead of it just been him saying he was sorry every page. 

2*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment