Tuesday 23 December 2014

Shame on you (Fool me once) By Tara Sivec



War veteran Kennedy O’Brien is in the business of sticking it to the man—or at least any man who tries to cross a woman. After she returned home from Afghanistan and caught her husband in bed with the nanny, Kennedy lost her faith in men and started Fool Me Once Investigations with her two best friends. After all, there’s no better bounty hunter than a woman scorned.
When Kennedy takes a case to slap cuffs on a bail jumper turned dog-napper, she figures it’ll be an easy paycheck. But trouble has a way of finding Kennedy. Enter the last man on the planet she’d willingly choose as a partner: her cheating ex-husband’s best friend, Griffin Crawford.
As gorgeous as he is unwelcome, Griffin has always had a thing for Kennedy, and after keeping quiet about her ex’s cheating, he’ll do anything to earn back her trust. Whether or not she wants to admit it, Kennedy will need help as the case of the Chihuahua thief spirals out of control. Griffin may be just her man—in more ways than one.


I started this because I had someone recommend it to me. When I read the blurb I thought oh yes, a girl who kicks ass after being cheated on. It's always nice to read about a girl he moves forward and moves onto something bigger and better, pun intended ;) 
Though I was majorly disappointed in this book. I couldn't connect with the characters or the writing. I found a bunch of mistakes, but it was the story that disappointed me. It looked like such a fun loving read, but it wasn't. 

I will say though, I loved the girls business name and the way they are close friends. Friends like that are true friends. I didn't like the dumbness of her ex cheating husband or boyfriend or whatever, and his girlfriend. I just don't see the main heroin Kennedy being with someone that clueless and naive. 
The ending was kind of a surprise, but I wanted more damn you, more. I wanted more angst, more danger, more action. I also would of liked to see the mom side of her more, it wasn't until the scenes with her kids that I actually saw her as a mom, but even then she seemed more like an auntie. I dunno, it would have been nice to see the heroin in a different light, the relaxed side to her, the vulnerable, soft side because her job is badass. 

2.5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment