Thursday 18 December 2014

Frozen By L.A.Casey



Neala Clarke is a woman of her word, when she gives you it, expect her to deliver. Neala gave her niece Charli her word that she would get her a doll for Christmas. Never mind that there is only one week until Christmas, and everywhere that stocked toys is practically sold out. Neala gave her word that she would get that doll for Charli, so she will move mountains to make it happen. 

Darcy Hart is a people pleaser, when he is asked last minute for a doll by his adorable six year old nephew Dustin, he of course, says yes. However, Darcy faces a dilemma, the particular doll he needs is sold out everywhere. Darcy makes one last attempt to get the doll at a local toy store, and finds out they have only one left in stock, but he also finds out he is not the only person interested in claiming the doll. 

Neala and Darcy go way back, playing in each other’s play pens kind of way back. They are not friends, more like mortal enemies, and both of them wanting a single doll was the start of a series of events that no one could have predicted, not even Father Christmas himself.

I liked the look of the blurb of Frozen so I added it to my TBR list, but never started to read it until a good friend said how much she laughed reading it. I will admit I loved Dominic, but after reading Alec I was a little disappointed, so was unsure about the book when I saw it was 3.99. It's gone down in price now, which is good. 

Let me begin by saying the story line is fantastic. Such a great read for this time of year. It really brings out the holiday spirit in you. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd do what Neala and Darcy did in Smyths LOL that's how crazy I get towards christmas. 
I had a few problems with the story line concerning the maturity of it. Adults can misbehave, act like kids and still pull pranks, hell, I'm 27 and still pull pranks on people. It's a great way to stay young. Only with Frozen it wasn't their behavior that I thought was immature, but the way they were written, how they spoke etc. I felt like I was reading about two teenagers, not two adults. That is until it got to the part where they admit a few things to each other. Their attitude, the way they spoke was perfect. It was still playful, but they acted their age. I didn't feel like I was reading about two kids having sex, when that part came to it LOL!!!
The book is sooooo funny. Parts had me crying it was that funny. Especially the bird. I know from experience with birds they can pick up language like the one in this book did. I had read a book saying it was impossible, but it's not. Its like swearing around a toddler, one day they'll pick up on it and repeat it. 

The only thing I was worried about when buying it was the spelling etc..... After Alec I was unsure whether or not to go there. I also noticed on a few reviews they had said the same. I also agree with the fact we may have spelling errors in our reviews, but your not paying for them, but you are for the book. I'm not sure if she's published it like she did Bronagh unedited or it's just missed the mistakes completely, but I found it hard to read at times. Nothing that you couldn't correct in your head, but those who spent 3.99 I feel kind of bad for. It's a lot of money for this time of year. 

That said, L.A.Casey knows how to make a relationship work between two people who don't get out. She balances the love and hate of their relationship perfectly, humorously so as well aha. Defo one I would recommend. 


3.5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment