Tuesday 23 December 2014

Finding myself in you By Melanie Cole




Eighteen year old Taylor has had a crush on her brother’s best friend, Ryan, for five years. When she finally manages to get him, he’s not what she’d hoped he’d be. He’s a total player, using her for sex. When she begins failing her classes, she decides that school is more important. She convinces her professor to give her a second chance. He recommends one of his prior students to tutor her. She can tell that her tutor, Matt, has some serious issues by his cool surly attitude. There’s something about him, that makes her want to help him, but he refuses to let her in. 
Matt has vowed to never let anyone ever hurt him again. Not after Crystal and Cooper’s betrayal, shattered his heart into a million pieces. So, when he meets Taylor, he’s determined to keep her at arm’s length. She’s beautiful and has the potential to do some major damage. She’s like a hot summer storm forcing her way into his life. 
When he begins lowering his defenses, he soon realizes that there’s a lot more to Taylor than just her beauty. She’s emotional and caring. He slowly begins to open up to her, realizing that they have a lot in common. Both of them have been hurt by people that they care about. They forge a special bond. The more they learn about each other, the more they learn about themselves. 
Will their deep connection be enough to keep them together, or will they forever be stuck in their pasts, never allowing themselves to move forward? 


Okay, I was unsure about this book from the beginning as it's the first time reading a book from this author. I'm not sure if this is her first or millionth book, but I'm glad I came across it. 
I'm still a little uncertain about Taylor. One minute I thought she was selfish and contradicted herself a  LOT!! but then, there were times I wished she'd grow a back bone. I loved Matt from the beginning. Even when I read he was a hot nerd. My kind of guy. I think it's every girls dream man. A good man, in a bad boy's body. Everyone wants of those ;) I really liked him. 
Both had a LOT in common and when I mean in common I mean the same thing happen to them. Which I did find really odd, but then I suppose the title wouldn't be finding myself in you if they hadn't gone through same experiences.

The story progresses nicely and the ending is sweet. The only downfall to the book was the writing. One minute they'd be kissing, then they would be in the cafeteria.  There was never any warning, or paragraphs to show it had moved on from a certain scene. At first I ignored it, but then it just got on my nerves towards the ending because I had to keep rereading things so I understood what the hell was going on. 

3.5*

Follow This Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment